Strange underground honeycomb pattern found on Mars

Originally published at: Strange underground honeycomb pattern found on Mars | Boing Boing

8 Likes

alien GIF

7 Likes

im not saying ancient aliens GIF by Giffffr

9 Likes

Pbs Nature Bee GIF by Nature on PBS

18 Likes

Well, bad news for Musk if Mars is already infested by Killer Space Bees.

11 Likes

This is all going to end like that silly Battlestar Galactica remake where we realize that humanity already destroyed one Earth and we’re actually the descendants of the survivors?

8 Likes

4th-doctor-sara-jane-mars-nope

16 Likes

Two, if you count Venus destroyed by global heating.

6 Likes
8 Likes

13 Likes

I thought we ALL agreed to never discuss the unfortunate events on Venus. Mistakes where made and we, as a species, have moved on after pledging to keep our collective mouths shut about it. Remember?

12 Likes

Gotta say the surface picture requires quite a bit of imagination to conform to the description “honeycomb”. When I hear that word I want hexagons (and possibly giant bees) dammit!

11 Likes

I figure we tell him about the Mars space bees anyway. Just to keep him out of spaceflight.

6 Likes

4 Likes
2 Likes

Space Bees! The most dangerous bees in space!

5 Likes

We have sent bots and prayers.

5 Likes

‘Mars’ tilt has been known to vary more than Earth’s does, having shifted by more than ten degrees over 100,000 years. In fact, that change is what scientists believe caused such dramatic changes to its climate, turning it from a once-blue oasis to the arid red land we presently see. ’

Mars no longer has oceans because it has permanently lost its water; partly through chemical weathering of rocks to create clay minerals, but largely by the gradual loss of its atmosphere to the solar wind since it has no global magnetic field worth mentioning.

That it appears to chaotically change its axial tilt means that the Martian poles can radically shift their positions on the planet in geologically very short periods of time. That results in once polar regions appearing at modern-day low latitudes; and what were once equatorial regions being near the modern poles.

5 Likes

Wow, first in Northern Ireland

and now on Mars! Where will they show up next?

17 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking this is obviously nonsense, as Selenites live on the Moon.

12 Likes