Stream Swappers --- movies and series queue for binge purposes

This is a thread to maintain a constant stream of streaming movies or serialized shows by swapping Netflix or Amazon Prime suggestions.

Or you can caution against wrong turns. Bonus thanks yous for completed, lesser known series suitable for binges.

Rules are be specific about why you recommend or warn against a show (or both) and hide spoilers.

1 Like

Watch the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and then cancel your netflix subscription til a new season appears.

1 Like

Love, love Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt though I haven’t attempted continuous repeat views like 30 Rock yet. The opening sequence in UKS is the best since Boardwalk Empire, and the actors are all hilarious.

On Netflix, Orange is the New Black is also several seasons of watchable. Can’t say the same for House of Cards, Kevin Spacey edition.

1 Like

I fell asleep watching Ep1 like 5x. Same with breaking bad. I’m not the best with new TV, but I know all about the old stuff.

1 Like

I love the BBC version of House and Cards and To Play The King and The Final Cut and all of them are repeatable — and the politics are coherent. I think all three are on Netflix.

I dug Jessica Jones. It had a slow build, but a quite satisfying conclusion.

[ETA] and I don’t know if you like anime at all, but three series I’ve seen on Netflix and enjoyed are Kill La Kill, Gurren Lagan, and Madoka Magica. All are weird in a good way.

3 Likes

Fun fact, the intro was really done by Schmoyoho (accent on the yo). The people who did Songify the News, and autotuned the presidential debates.

3 Likes

Are any of y’all watching Lady Dynamite on Netflix? Maria Bamford is nutty.

1 Like

We thought it was Strangers With Candyish and bogged down a little. She is totally talented.

1 Like

Bogged down in Jessica Jones a little because it felt sorta woman superhero hung up on dude but not in a campy way. Supergirl worked our nerves like that too. I can’t convince my companera to finish. I could make it through on the right day.

I thought swapping the streams was bad?

5 Likes

Detectorists. Slow but boingy.

3 Likes

Looks good!

The Detectorists

The eccentric members of the Danebury Metal Detecting Club return in this critically acclaimed dramedy about two misfits searching for Saxon treasure in the English countryside. Andy (Mackenzie Crook, Pirates of the Caribbean) has completed his archaeology degree at last, but he worries about providing for his wife, Becky (Rachael Stirling, The Bletchley Circle), and newborn son—while also trying to live up to the expectations of his imperious mother-in-law (Diana Rigg, Game of Thrones). Lance (Toby Jones, The Hunger Games), meanwhile, is still looking for love, and then someone unexpected walks into his life. The world of metal detecting proves just as tumultuous as their personal lives when a young German man enlists the DMDC to uncover a mysterious World War II plane wreck.

Striking comedy gold, this BAFTA Award-winning series for best comedy charms with “an astute script, sublime acting, and deft characterization” (The Daily Telegraph, UK).

Can’t look away from Unreal

Reality TV producer Rachel Goldberg (Appleby) returns to the new season of Everlasting, a popular dating show, after an epic meltdown the season before. With a reputation to rebuild and the show’s demanding executive producer Quinn King (Zimmer) breathing down her neck, Rachel must pull out all the stops in what she does best: manipulating the contestants to create the outrageous drama the viewers of Everlasting expect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 234 days. New replies are no longer allowed.