Stubborn tree stump exacts revenge on would-be uprooter

Think others are sick of our barking?

6 Likes

I dunno, i’m stumped :frowning:

9 Likes

At least they removed about 5% of the stump, so it wasn’t exactly a waste of time.

5 Likes

It was only 95% a waste of time, though with the destruction of their personal property you could add additional wasted time. It’s either a wash or they came out losing… i’d say they lost.

2 Likes

I’m leaving this conversation.

3 Likes

Wood is highly ecological, since trees are a renewable resource. If
you cut down a tree, another will grow in its place. And if you cut
down the new tree, still another will grow. And if you cut down that
tree, yet another will grow, only this one will be a mutation with
long, poisonous tentacles and revenge in its heart, and it will sit
there in the forest, cackling and making elaborate plans for when you
come back.
– Dave Barry, “Postpetroleum Guzzler”

And after thousands of years…

6 Likes

31 Likes

not sure stump-b-gon works in a dessert

1 Like

wood you say you’ve had your quoriphyll?

5 Likes

From a colleague at work: Readying for a drive in snow, he put on the tire chains. Part way through the drive the chains on one tire got loose, but not enough to drop off. Instead, the stuck on, fast spinning chains repeatedly bashed into his rear window. Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam!

4 Likes

My math teacher in high school used to write down a logarithm problem on the board, look at it for a minute, and say that.

1 Like

6 Likes

Well it ain’t tree surgery.

4 Likes

Come back, Shane! Come back!

1 Like

Since I retired, it has become expedient to buy tools where I know I can do the job. Before that I got people to do it.
Also, a mattock is a deeply cool tool.

7 Likes

Isn’t that from that Brokeback Tree Stump movie?

6 Likes

8 Likes

Potassium nitrate. You’re now on a very special list, tovarisch. Do not try to leave the country. Keep your cell phone charged and your TV on at all times.

6 Likes

I agree, which is why I have a basement full of tools. However, it’s been four years and I haven’t felt need for a come along during that time. Not even to haul the treehouse into place.

Tools that have load ratings need periodic replacement, and I don’t know if I’d use one before I should really replace it, know what I mean? Whereas the guy with the stump grinder was done in an hour.

1 Like

(Previously seen here, but the video link there is kaput.)

6 Likes