Students across Florida walk out in protest of Gov. Ron DeSantis' anti-American policies

tv land teacher GIF by Teachers on TV Land

(Sincerely. You rock!)

13 Likes

How are so many students so much smarter than their parents?

12 Likes

You’re awesome!

Fx Networks Indian GIF by Reservation Dogs

12 Likes

While true, there is also a strong tradition of resistance, progressive politics, and a refusal to take that shit lying down. It does a real disservice to all the Americans who suffered forms of discrimination, violence, acts of genocide, etc and fought back against all that to let ONLY the evils done define us. It’s saying that the enslavers and violent racists were right, and the rest of us who oppose that don’t belong here and that they get to define America. Feel free to give into that if you’d like, but I’ll die first before I let these fuckers take us back.

Thank you and good luck.

16 Likes

I’ll never give in

9 Likes

Animated GIF

12 Likes

But, watch out, because that first step’s a doozy.

7 Likes

3 Likes

I was listening the other day to a podcast discussion with a demographer and they were saying that by…2060 (I think?) most of the U.S., demographically will most closely resemble the mix of today’s Florida and New Jersey.

Which might make your heart stop for a moment, but then they point out that all of those people would have survived the horrors between now and then so we cannot expect that to make them act in any way similar to those populations today, and that they are both very diverse with high immigrant and not to panic too much, but do panic a little about how we make it until then.

it was an interesting talk overall, though I think some of the discussion dismisses the real danger to trans folk. Not by outright dismissing it, but by just not talking about, which is basically the same thing

“Generations” are discussed, though basically dismissed as BS.

6 Likes

Last I checked, since the rise of the Tea Party those conservatives who could afford to move were leaving NJ for FL. The rest of us were glad to see them go and take their hateful rhetoric with them. Some complained that their southern paradise wasn’t what they’d expected, but they are probably big DeathSantis fans now. :woman_shrugging:t4: Countering the wealthy ones with power and their poor dupes/victims was a real challenge for the Dems, but we had more successes than failures.

I suspect that was because he couldn’t remember people’s actual names. Some in power do that due to actual inability, while others just can’t be bothered to learn. Which camp each of those former presidents falls into is an exercise for the reader.

9 Likes

Conservatives are as foolish as King Canute when it comes to demographics and economics, although unlike him they won’t acknowledge reality when it leaves them soaking and cold.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.