Study finds Chloroquine useless in treating Covid-19, but useful if you want to kill 17% of study participants

“Nazi communists are deliberately getting sick after taking hydroxychloroquine in order to attack Trump!”

10 Likes

7 Likes

I doubt it, somehow. The circumstances are unclear from the article as to who was getting the drug(s), but it seems like these were people being hospitalized, i.e. were already at a relatively high risk of death. There were some indicators that the drug/drug combo might provide some benefit, so it wasn’t unreasonable for trials to occur. I’m assuming patients gave consent for an experimental treatment (as, I suppose, all treatments would be), and given the risks already involved, seemed like a(n additional) risk worth taking by everyone involved.

Not necessarily. That assumes a certain amount of randomness, when Trump is frequently being guided by whoever pays big money to get access to lobby him. If the makers of effective drugs rely on their efficacy, rather than lobbying Trump, to get them used, he’ll never promote them.

On the other hand, if there is an effective drug, Trump will claim to have predicted it, even if he had no idea it existed.

3 Likes

Let me guess: Trump already bought tons of stock in a new company called Trump Pharmaceuticals. Yeah?

he does apparently have a small stake in the company that makes this drug… it’s not very big, but still.

7 Likes

IIRC, he has investments in an ETF that owns slices of a bunch of drug manufacturers, including one(s) that make hydrochloroquine, and the stake is tiny compared to Trump’s level of wealth. (Even if we assume he’s nowhere near an actual billionaire.) It’s 99.9% likely to be just a coincidence.

2 Likes

It’s the kind of thing we wouldn’t have to think about if Trump hadn’t chosen to ignore about two centuries of precedent and simply divested himself from his private business interests for the duration of his time in office.

12 Likes

Yes. I’m aware… maybe an American president, who has a say in how the economy runs, shouldn’t own ANY stock, because, it’s ALL a conflict of interest? :woman_shrugging:

But he’s a REAL CEO, unlike their fraud Obumer, who wasn’t even born in this country… /s

11 Likes

And really, it seems like the size of the stake wouldn’t matter. Remember his fake charity, where the largest payout was $264 thousand to restore his own hotel’s fountain, and the smallest was $7 to get his kid in the Boy Scouts? I am assuming that means he’d be as happy to let someone die for a single bill as a suitcase of them.

4 Likes

“Everybody’s talking about colloidal silver, it’s very powerful.”

4 Likes

There are two linked articles. The first is about hydroxychloroquine in VA medical centers; the second is about chloroquine in Brazil.

So since Trumplethinskin was telling everyone to use chloroquine with zero medical background and directly against the recommendations of qualified professionals, will he be prosecuted for practicing medicine without a license? I joke; of course he won’t.

1 Like

Definitely not a coincidence. There are several major Trump donors who have major stakes in hydroxychloroquine manufacturers.

4 Likes

It seems like it’s a case of being part of a portfolio. He should have just completely divested himself.

4 Likes

The difference between Fox Corporation and some Fox News local affiliates:

10 Likes

I’m not finding examples before Lyndon Johnson

bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2016-06-02/donald-trump-might-make-the-white-house-a-walmart

Trump: Not first wealthy president, but unique conflicts of interest - CSMonitor.com

2 Likes

There are studies going on with remdesivir at my workplace. Things look promising, I’m told by colleagues. For Donnie to take credit, he’ll have to learn to pronounce it first.

4 Likes

Apparently what was a more significant factor was that the relevant companies spent a lot of money to lobby Trump. There’s always corruption, but with Donnie, it’s usually dumb corruption.

8 Likes

should he not be sued over that?

That sounds like a story from an Ice-T SVU meme.

19 Likes