Study finds different types of alcohol may affect our emotions differently

I thought it had more to do with having to make do with something not high up on your list (man, scotch sucks and I’m not happy) or the opposite (got my favorite and I’m happy).

:wink:

1 Like

Anecdotally, we’ve known this for ages. “Wine drunk is the best drunk” I’ve heard many times.

That or, “Gin makes me violent”.

3 Likes

Just thinking out loud here, so please… no flames: The “BS” may not be “BS” if the affect being described was limited to motor control and spatial judgment. Happiness, sadness, anger… altogether in a different category.

Thoughts?

FD: I’m not a drinker.

Hmm, so while straight tequila never makes for a good time, frozen margaritas do.

Clearly I need to research this more.

and because all those gorgeous black lines will suffer death by algorithm…

beer street
gin Lane

4 Likes

I was thinking of this one:

7 Likes

I should have clarified that the cop was trying to be all cool and said stuff like “hey guys, I know you’ve probably heard that tequila makes girls horny or that wine makes you sleepy, or that drinking malt liquor makes you want to fight, but that’s not true! It’s all the same!”

1 Like

Just going to drop this classic scene here:

https://www.npr.org/sections/pictureshow/2011/02/17/133844965/laspalmas

That’s probably because there’s nothing more depressing than the realization you’re sitting home alone killing brain cells with a bottle of cheap-ass gin.

4 Likes

Wasn’t there an entire how i met your mother episode about this?

2 Likes

Milk and Cheese - Dairy Products Gone Bad!

1 Like

Help, what’s the difference between “hard liquor” and spirits? I always thought they were the same thing?

1 Like

wikipedia takes a stab at it…

but pop sci is american, while bmj is british, so perhaps the use of both can be blamed on an incomplete translation.

technically, “sprit” is a subspecies of what the americans call “hard liquor”. But BMJ doesn’t consider liqueur separately.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.