Stunning 3D animation captures the devastating impact of a hurricane on a beachfront home

Originally published at: Stunning 3D animation captures the devastating impact of a hurricane on a beachfront home | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Needs white caps and sea foam.

Hurricanes make a mess.

4 Likes

I can tolerate Wind level 3. That’s when the mosquitoes can’t settle in to bite.

1 Like

Sure. The animator uses the Beaufort scale, which should provide descriptions of the waves

e.g

10: Storm Very high waves with long overhanging crests. The resulting foam, in great patches, is blown in dense white streaks along the direction of the wind. On the whole the surface of the sea takes on a white appearance. The tumbling of the sea becomes heavy and shock-like. Visibility affected.

https://www.weather.gov/mfl/beaufort

I dunno, seems as if the recent simulations

don’t really capture what I’m looking for, and the underlying simulations need to be orders of magnitudes more complex.

1 Like

Looking at what happened to the roof made me think it didn’t have hurricane straps. Also, shouldn’t a house that close to the water be elevated instead of sitting on the ground? Wonder how much better or worse the outcome would be with those changes…:thinking:

2 Likes

I think the moral is never be caught in a computer simulation

4 Likes

Looks like the captured my running style perfectly at the one-minute mark!

1 Like

MetaBall Studios has tons of videos. This one is interesting…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.