Suddenly Kevin McCarthy cares about the threat of gun violence

Originally published at: Suddenly Kevin McCarthy cares about the threat of gun violence | Boing Boing

9 Likes

The onion does it again.

36 Likes

Hey, look, it has taken the Republicans decades to stack the Supreme Court; they don’t want to lose out on all that investment. But, “kids”? Fuck 'em. We can force women to pop out replacements. /s

28 Likes

You’re not wrong. That’s literally the threads I’m seeing on the FOX news forums, where this incident is being reported as “Assassination attempt” instead of “Man with mental health issues” like all the previous ones that involved multiple dead children were.

This was a man with issues who, let’s remember, turned himself in. But FOX news hoped for something like this so they can change the narrative from “dozens of children brutally slaughtered by easy access to guns” to “Democratic party is promoting murder of our Supreme Court justices and doing nothing about it!”

Fun times. (not)

30 Likes

Why? Surely there’s courtroom security which is armed, and the justices themselves can carry guns. I’m not sure what DC’s gun laws are like, but I’m sure some kind of license could be obtained for SCOTUS justices. And they can wear vests under their robes. Oooooh or bulletproof robes?!

I mean, if it’s good enough for the kids, it’s the least we can do for the justices.

28 Likes

Man, that guy is dumb. Not as dumb as Gohmert, but close.

9 Likes

Clearly we just need to appoint schoolchildren to the Supreme Court

Would solve everything

12 Likes

Supreme Court has too many doors, obviously.

15 Likes

Absolutely true. McCarthy doesn’t give a shit about Kavenaugh at all. He only cares that, if Kavvy can’t serve as a justice, Biden would pick his replacement. That would swing the court back to 5-4 against the truly batshit crazy rulings they’ve been working so hard for.

11 Likes

I am just going to leave this here.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Probably get better rulings too.

3 Likes

Love that illustration. Very Ralph Steadman via William Blake.

3 Likes

PSX_20220611_125858

6 Likes

How curious.

2 Likes

And it looks uncannily like Rudy Giuliani.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.