Sugru is the duct tape of the 21st century you can mold it to fix...well, almost anything

My experience was I got some, then waited for a while to use it. When I finally opened the packets, they were rock-hard. So, just know, don’t get it expecting to toss it into your junk drawer and wait until it’s needed. Won’t last.

3 Likes

Keep it in the fridge (or apparently the freezer, which I haven’t tried), it will last a lot longer.

2 Likes

Hmm. Duct tape over a certain person’s mouth (and taping his tweeting digits together) would certainly be a small improvement.

ETA: Ah - I see @hecep beat me to it.

1 Like

Sugru doesn’t have it’s own song!

1 Like

Why stop there?

3 Likes

I’m guessing súgradh is harder to type into the Amazon search engine.

Yes kids, that word above is pronounced soo-groo

3 Likes

Why indeed? But leave the eyes and ears uncovered. I’d still like to see the impotent fury in his little piggy eyes, as someone whispered enraging facts and insults into his ears.

That’s true for some things, but not for others. I have a box of nonessential things to fix, so I can grab some when I have some leftover suguru.

Not very durable for some repairs though. All of the cables I „fixed“ with Suguru broke at the exact same spot a year or so later.

1 Like

True, but that’s like asking why we don’t make airplanes out of “black box” material.

Duct Tape is too wide for that. Maybe electrical tape.

Are you implying he has short digits? Shame on you! :wink:

2 Likes

Hmm. There appears to be a common pattern here. And I’m not sure it’s in the materials. :wink:

1 Like

Yup came here to post this. It’s a great product but it doesn’t have a very long shelf life.

1 Like

That is one of the applications that suguru shows on their packages and in their videos. One would assume that this is working well then, right?

You can tear duct tape lengthwise before using it.
Hasn’t Apollo 13 taught you anything?

2 Likes

It has worked well on my iPad charging cable for the last couple of years.

Seconded! IFLSUGRU

the nice thing about Sugru is that you don’t have to use it just to fix things!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.