☭ Sup Marxists? ☭

Whoah. Ted “Vox Day” Beale was a member of Psykosonik, the purveyors of “Silicon Jesus” ?!?!

Between 1992 and 1994 Beale was a member of the electronic band Psykosonik, which recorded four[4] Billboard Top 40 club play hits.[5]

That is one of my least-favorite tracks on my fave techno cassette tape.

His wikipedia page seems relatively free of associations with any wacky right fringe, interestingly enough… but the neutrality of it is in dispute:

Also, is it just me, or does he look like a cut-rate Boyd Rice in that picture (also someone at times who associated himself with the hard right).

1 Like

Non?

[I read about Boyd Rice in one of the Re/Search publications, and was greatly inspired sonically. A couple of years later I saw the above photo in _Blood in the Face_ and have been questioning myself ever since. 20+ years of doubt as to what truly inspires me. On the plus side, more of my inspirations are gay than fascist racist f**ks.]

hah! I don’t have to post in question form, do I!!!

2 Likes

Oh yes. Brilliant work, something of a total dick, though. To be fair, this came from an ex-girl friend of his, but still. The way she described him made him out to be a right-wing asshole and self-absorbed twat who only cared about himself not her or their kid.

I did see him open for Death in June once… it was some cool music, I have to admit.

ETA: Lisa Crystal Carver is her name:

http://www.suckdog.net/

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from New Hugo Award categories for puppies:

Dear lord, I’ve learned far too much about puppies and this Vox character than I think I can stomach.

But from that Stross post…

Vox Day writes:

It’s time for the church leaders and the heads of Christian families to start learning from #GamerGate, to start learning from Sad Puppies, and start leading. Start banding together and stop accommodating the secular world in any way. Don’t hire those who hate you. Don’t buy from those who wish to destroy you. Don’t work with those who denigrate your faith, your traditions, your morals, and your God. Don’t tolerate or respect what passes for their morals and values.

Egads.

At least all the terrible people are kind enough to group together. Makes things easier for me.

1 Like

http://www.philipsandifer.com/2015/04/guided-by-beauty-of-their-weapons.html#part3 I think that has some worse things about Theodore “Vox Day” Beale. A small taste of horrors that wait behind that link:

“it is absurd to imagine that there is absolutely no link between race and intelligence,”
Vox Day

1 Like

Oh yeah, fer shure VD has said some whoppingly repugnant things.

Of interest to me, in citing this over in this thread, is a couple of things:

• citing :video_game: :crocodile: as a role model
  • frothily jumping at pet shadows named Cultural Marxism
  • calling for a culture war to preserve the Great White Way

Also, a member of an annoying techno band that had an annoying song. “Cyber-silicon-Jesus”, really?!?

1 Like

Is VD used analagously to STD in the US?

Because I’m having a hard time parsing that thread because of it.

2 Likes

Pretty much, yeah.

1 Like

from Comment Is Weird: A Tumblog of Greatness that parodies The Guardian's 'Comment Is Free'

6 Likes

#Happy May Day

9 Likes

M’aidez!

Ascension Sunday!

2nd Wednesday after Pentecost!

I look forward to protests and police overreactions today.

4 Likes

I didn’t really understand the meme embedded in the Amy Schumer story.

So I looked it up.

1 Like

I feel a tad silly for embracing the enemy’s interpretations of the world changing as “cultural marxism,” but here’s a nice little article on Evan Wolfson’s gay marriage push

http://bbs.boingboing.net/t/florida-man-spots-reptilian-humanoid-alien-inside-car-takes-photos/56672/87

Does this mean I should renounce my membership in the Cultural Marxists Reptiloid Council, or does this qualify me for a quarterly bonus?

1 Like

Quarterly bonuses have been restricted to Nonklematura only this year Comrade, due to the excesses of the Degenerate Capitalist Banking System. However, in recognition of your Juche Spirit, we are sending you a commemorative egg incubator thermometer to help you spawn new Little Ones for the Revolutionary Cause.

1 Like

Oh, well, he seems to be gone. Or his comments, at any rate. Prolly shouldn’t have waved them around like a… photojournalist, that’s what I was going to say.

Actually, the account seems to have vanished, having been digitally salted to a depth of 6 feet.

Ensure your viewing habits are sufficiently proletarian with the handy-dandy Pretentious-o-meter!