Super-Fun-Pak Comix, feat. Science Pets, Validation, and much more!

Originally published at: Super-Fun-Pak Comix, feat. Science Pets, Validation, and much more! | Boing Boing

12 Likes

A tortoise? What’s that?

10 Likes

This is a great set. The Frankenstein bit never gets old (or remains so-old-its-new). It took me a second to “get” the bird joke. And I look forward to a full-length Schroedinger’s Cat and Pavlov’s Dog Marvel Team-Up issue.

Excellent cartoon overall. As always: right-click, View Image, click for full size.

10 Likes

Know what a turtle is?

11 Likes

Such an understanding early birb!

Too bad birbs aren’t real. :slightly_frowning_face:

14 Likes

How come I be in the desert?

8 Likes

This was a great selection of strips; and Early Bird really cracked me up once I got it. :heart_eyes: :hugs: :laughing:

5 Likes

These Super-Fun-Paks are always good, but the Voight-Kampff panel is genius.

4 Likes

Star Trek Hoax GIF

Misspelling of a fake animal… it’s BIRB… :grin:

7 Likes

I’ve never seen a turtle. But I understand what you mean.

5 Likes

Same thing.

4 Likes

No Dolly the Sheep?

Oooh, the tortoise one is clever!
“I´m not a robot” Heh.

1 Like

In British English, we usually differentiate between different testudines (reptiles with shells). Ones that live in the sea are ‘turtles’, freshwater-dwellers are ‘terrapins’ and land-dwellers are ‘tortoises’.
In the US, they’re all called ‘turtles’, but in this case I guess Ruben used the word ‘tortoise’ because that’s the word used in Blade Runner.

1 Like
2 Likes

Such a great scene. The cigarette smoke, the lighting, Leon’s jerky head movement, the building tension. Perfect.

1 Like

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.