Supercut of Sean Bean calling people "Bastard"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/26/supercut-of-sean-bean-calling.html

4 Likes

It’s a very useful word, expressing contempt without quite setting off the naughty-word filters.

9 Likes

This is absurdly funny. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

But, not really.
What he is saying is “bastid”.

7 Likes

I never realized Sharpe was such a fan of French Bread.

8 Likes

Obligs…

(warning, gory)

8 Likes

Bastard%20You

8 Likes

I wonder how they came up with the order? Bastard…

1 Like

is that all from one movie?

2 Likes

He’s not wrong, I suppose. Historically, wasn’t pretty much everybody in Europe a bastard?

7 Likes

7 Likes

As you might deduce, in each episode Sharpe encounters bastards.

ETA I still watch it from time to time for the eye candy reasons.

15 Likes
15 Likes

Is there one for Ian mcshane in deadwood?

1 Like

[quote=“MaiqTheLiar, post:4, topic:137659”]
What he is saying is “bastid”.
[/quote] Nah, he’s saying “bastud”. that’s how it’s pronounced up north and in parts of the midlands (Leicester, Nottingham). “Bastid” is more of a "Brummy (Birmingham) way of saying it.

9 Likes

Boing boing thank you for getting back to wonderful things, you wonderful bastards :wink:

7 Likes

Fun fact: Bernard Cornwell retconned Sharpe’s origins in the books so he could have Sean Bean’s accent; Sharpe was originally from London, but some time after Bean got the part Cornwell “revealed” that, although born in London, Sharpe had moved to Sheffield when small and grew up there.

10 Likes

There’s one for “Deadwood’s favourite word”:

3 Likes

Well the confusion might be on account of the Boston variant, “bastihd”

2 Likes

I just want to say that Bean’s character in The Martian was spot on. I know several people, in the same industry, who are exactly like that. He did a great job.

3 Likes