Superman's cape just sold for nearly $200,000

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/17/supermans-cape-just-sold-for.html

2 Likes

Huh. Can we now spit in the wind?

12 Likes

Just don’t tug on it.

15 Likes

All together now.

That’s what…

6 Likes

Since we’re living in the Dumbest Timeline, the seller really needed to add a “cape does not confer power of flight” disclaimer.

12 Likes

You need to buy the Lone Ranger’s mask to complete the trifecta.

I still wouldn’t mess with Jim though.

12 Likes

14 Likes

That seems a little low, IMO, but what do I know.

In other news, Bernie Wrightson’s original art for his labor of love Frankenstein sold for $1.2 million!!! IIRC this is the highest paid for original comic art (well, techincally it was an illustrated novel.)

I have a signed print from the book, and it is AMAZING how detailed his work is on this. I still need to get the actual book.

2 Likes

The copy I have is perfect bound (the square type of binding with glue in the spine), and so you lose something where illustrations vanish in to the gutter. I wish they’d gone for gate fold pages on the double page spreads. The pdf version hopefully avoids this.

2 Likes

This thread is about Jim Croce lyrics, apparently. Stay on topic.

9 Likes

The only people who can tell me what to do have a custom Continental, and an Eldorado too, a thirty two gun in their pocket for fun, and a razor in their shoe.

4 Likes

The only cape you’ll ever need…

batmanuel

6 Likes

stranger-things-dont-mess-with-jim

8 Likes

I’d be more afraid of the man who bested him: Willie “Slim” McCoy.

6 Likes

Annnnd… dammit @Mindysan33 ninja’d me.

8 Likes

It does seem a little low. Better tape a banana to it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.