Supreme Court refuses to block Texas abortion ban in 5-4 decision

It’s just playing the game. Lower courts kicking the can up makes it harder to overturn later if the higher court rules in the plaintiff’s favor.

That’s literally how the constitution works. They don’t have someone come through and start crossing out text in the original document sitting in the National Archive. New amendments are ratified that supersede old text. It’s kind of a messy sort of version control but it is what it is. You can find plenty of annotated versions of the Constitution that account for this by crossing out things that no longer apply or providing footnotes. Here’s a great one in comic book form:

12 Likes

Is this guy claiming that it’s not yet a war on women?

8 Likes

also in the news:

6 Likes

I wonder if there’s a version of the Steisand Effect that applies to voting.

That is, I again agree that these Texas Xtian zealots may well end up driving many to vote against them who wouldn’t, or wouldn’t bother, otherwise.

12 Likes

tumblr_08bcd7c92a508d9d2f513c9e27ceec61_65bc393b_540

10 Likes

Be dang shame to crash that site! https://prolifewhistleblower.com/

8 Likes

Moving…

9 Likes

The Texas Right to Life has put out a dystopian video encouraging residents to turn in women who have had abortions along with any healthcare providers along with anyone who “assists” like an Uber driver that takes the woman to a clinic.

So basically cab companies can’t risk taking fares from pregnant women anymore. This law is utterly fucked.

12 Likes

We will not follow up with or contact you.

How do they send me my reward?

An error occurred while processing the form. Please try again

Ok

5 Likes

This Law is a rabbit hole with no bottom.

7 Likes

Here’s a report on the Shadow Docket, for those who prefer not to grapple with the essential cruelty of this decision:

6 Likes

At 6 weeks, most pregnant women aren’t showing.

14 Likes

Cruelty is the point, it’s always the point with Fascist kkkPublicants, with the Qnuts following close behind their Masters.

10 Likes

The clinic in Wichita, KS is preparing for an influx of patients.

6 Likes

Please stop. This is a thread about women’s rights being trampled NOT guns.

17 Likes

I really, really hope you’re correct. Seeing the shocked look on their faces as they’re voted out of office, especially after all their attempts to restrict voting, would be so wonderful. I’m getting goosebumps just considering the possibility.

5 Likes

Make sure to use TOR or A VPN. Article on Gizmodo said the site is collecting IP addresses.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/gizmodo.com/here-s-how-you-can-help-shut-down-the-vile-website-for-1847557293/amp

11 Likes

Yep, blocked my IP when I went dumpster diving into their pit of hell.

11 Likes