Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion law

But has it had it’s unintended long tail yet? i think not.

Sure. those specific clinics may not recover. But others can and will open. My own personal money will help see to that.

They’ve beaten you, clearly. Not me, chicken little, not me.

17 Likes

there are more than 2.6 million on the right side of this.

But naysayers gonna say nay.

2 Likes

Naysayers GONNA SAY NAY

5 Likes

If anything, Trump’s ascendancy highlights the GOP’s true attitude towards its religious wing. This time they’re not even getting thrown a bone. His efforts to claim the mantle of Christianity are laughable at best.

7 Likes

Poor oppressed you!

15 Likes

Must be one of those darn papists…

Harry Blackitt: Oh, yes, and, what’s more, because we don’t believe in all that Papist claptrap, we can take precautions.

Mrs. Blackitt: What, you mean… lock the door?

Harry Blackitt: No, no. I mean, because we are members of the Protestant Reformed Church, which successfully challenged the autocratic power of the Papacy in the mid-sixteenth century, we can wear little rubber devices to prevent issue.

Mrs. Blackitt: What d’you mean?

Harry Blackitt: I could, if I wanted, have sexual intercourse with you…

Mrs. Blackitt: Oh, yes, Harry.

Harry Blackitt: …and, by wearing a rubber sheath over my old feller, I could insure… that, when I came off, you would not be impregnated.

Mrs. Blackitt: Ooh.

Harry Blackitt: That’s what being a Protestant’s all about. That’s why it’s the church for me. That’s why it’s the church for anyone who respects the individual and the individual’s right to decide for him or herself. When Martin Luther nailed his protest up to the church door in fifteen-seventeen, he may not have realised the full significance of what he was doing, but four hundred years later, thanks to him, my dear, I can wear whatever I want on my John Thomas…

[sniff]

Harry Blackitt: … and, Protestantism doesn’t stop at the simple condom. Oh, no. I can wear French Ticklers if I want.

Mrs. Blackitt: You what?

16 Likes

*lolz

I love how the idea of mutual precaution and the use of male prophylactics never seemed to even enter the mind of the gentleman whom I addressed.

Nope; the onus is all on us evil wimmen-folk, because of course it doesn’t take two people to get preggers, or anything…

19 Likes

Welp, that’s what we get for walking around with these warm penis holes that are irresistible. Isn’t their fault we have the vaginas they so desperately need.

22 Likes

I know; for shame on us!

Tempting their poor innocent little penises, 24/7 with all our available bodily orifices, and then having the nerve to expect them to help take care of any consequences that may come from inserting said peens into said irresistible orifices!

The sheer audacity!

18 Likes

Not to mention the audacity of the irresponsible wimmenfolk passing themselves off as responsible enough to be granted a fuck from such great men! How dare they work around all the precautions that the noble earnest good men have developed to make sure they’re only ever going to fuck women that will agree with them on every issue, including the important ones like pregnancy, which the men took the time to discuss before the deed was done. Naturally men always take the responsibility for initiating such conversations, and adhering to an upright moral code of honesty and disclosure… right?

Oh the trickery! Oh the drama! Oh the steaming piles of horse manure!

19 Likes

I can’t even keep a straight face…

14 Likes

Too many good topics today, so of course I’m out of likes. But yay for all of us continuing to fight the good fight (and write the interesting/informative/snarky/fun statements).

11 Likes

Right—if “religious extremism” was the most important deciding factor the base would have voted for Ted Cruz. Instead they chose the thrice-married serial philanderer who can’t quote a single bible verse and worships a gilded mirror.

When push comes to shove, GOP voters will go for “greed, sexism and xenophobia” over “religious devotion” every time.

12 Likes

Hurrah, hurrah. It’s been a long time, it seems to me, that we’ve won a battle in this war.

The struggle continues against

(which is a spot-on description I wish I’d thought of!)

5 Likes

Well technically men have those too–they just don’t happen to lead to reproductive organs.

14 Likes

Tell that to any raging homophobe and watch them flip their shit.

8 Likes

7 Likes

uh, no.

Evangelicals were most supportive of Ted Cruz. Remember Iowa?

2 Likes

God, I want to clone her.

6 Likes

13 Likes