Surprises can happen when firing a cannon at home

And now with added Gary Numan (et al).

2 Likes

Sound waves, shock and a window repairman are all part of the fun!

Don’t forget the future visits to the audiologist.

Drag Queen Lol GIF by NBC LX

4 Likes

The remaining shards of glass look pushed in towards the house. As would be expected with a pressure wave. Yet Occam’s razor often doesn’t apply to tricksters on social media so who knows.

1 Like

I’m also curious and perhaps someone here can enlighten me on the overpressures involved. But if it takes around 0.5 to 1 psi to shatter a window (range from several sites, glass type unknown) and second story windows shattered here… And Shockwave Psi falls off exponentially. How much pressure was the guy with the torch likely exposed too? Are his ears shot or is he badly hurt?

2 Likes

The windows in question don’t look particularly robust- single pane?

2 Likes

I’m no expert, but when I saw that thic cannon butt, I knew something was getting broken. I’ve been near many modern (ummm… 1980s CAF, so ~1950s tech) artillery pieces firing, and they are loud AF. I buy it.

3 Likes

You’ve seen YouTube, right? There’s a metric shite-ton of incredilby stupid stuff on there…

2 Likes

There’s a reason McKinley’s cannon in front of the Santa Clara county courthouse is plugged with concrete.

3 Likes

There are a few haircuts in this clip with ‘business in the front and BOOM in the back’

3 Likes

That physics class you used to sleep in, you miss that now?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.