Oops! A kid breaks his home window playing hockey

Originally published at: Oops! A kid breaks his home window playing hockey | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Glad there were no cameras when I was a kid.

15 Likes

I’m sure I would have seen the inside of a prison, or worse.

4 Likes

Reminds me: Is anybody working on a key fob gizmo to interfere with Ring doorbells? Kinda like that universal TV switcher-offer dingus from a few years ago. I was once worried the city was going to put CCTVs all over my neighborhood, never dreaming my neighbors were going to do it for them.

4 Likes

Alright boingboing is straight-up unironically posting ads for Ring as content now!

5 Likes

Shh! Now I can add this to my Kidz Will B Kidz business model.*
:nerd_face:

*We offer reputation management :angel:t4:; witnesses to swear you were nowhere near the scene; removal of any footage of the incident; a smaller, cuter scapegoat :baby:t4:; and (in extreme cases) a range of disguises to wear until the whole thing is forgotten. :cowboy_hat_face: :sunglasses: :face_with_monocle: :alien: :ghost: Payment in change or household chores accepted.

8 Likes

LOL, how many of the 1/6 insurrectionists have called you for help?

4 Likes

Standard kid logic: I’ll use this >breakable thing< as a backstop for my net as I take shots so I don’t have to go chase the ball when I miss.

That’s why I always thought that Fahrenheit 451 was a more likely scenario than, say 1984. 1984 required an apparatus that would be impossible to maintain long-term, while F451 merely required people to choose comfort, convenience and the false promise of peace to gladly surrender their humanity, compassion and intellect:

“Remember, the firemen are rarely necessary. The public itself stopped reading of its own accord.”

6 Likes

So, uh, we’re doin’ the sponsored content from Ring, I guess?

1 Like

Dollars to doughnuts, that kid forgot all about the camera, which would have led to an interesting conversation with his parent[s} if he tried to deny knowledge of how the window got borked.

my favorite part was when nothing of discernible interest happened on screen

1 Like

Fake news, dad! Manufactured by the deep state and big surveillance camera!
Who do you believe, your lyin’ eyes or your own flesh and blood?
That wasn’t me!
And if it was, that video is a violation of my constitutional rights, so I’m the real victim here!

1 Like

One of the little unreported benefits of living with a park at walkable distance :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.