Surreal pig couch for sale, cheap

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/17/surreal-pig-couch-for-sale-cheap.html

1 Like

Need someone to pick it up ASAP as my new boyfriend hates it…

Caution: Check couch for previous boyfriend.

19 Likes

For that amount of money just… put it out there in the world for free. Seriously

5 Likes

Someone once paid $11k for that because ‘art’?

That would have bought a lot of better taste in the form of real pork, IMHO.

Honestly, it looks very amateurish.

ETA and for that money I’d have expected pigskin/suede not velvet and satin

5 Likes

$11k down to $250?

1dh23j

14 Likes

Looks more like an armchair than a couch.

Anyway:
giphy (21)

22 Likes

You misspelled “porcine.”

21 Likes

I sure hope that’s a relationship worth $10,750

11 Likes

Looks like the “Meet the Meat” animal in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAF35dekiAY

6 Likes

…gives a totally new meaning to “couch potato”.

1 Like

It’s so meta. At least it will be if I sit on it, ten months into the covid era.

New boyfriend can’t stop thinking about what happened on the sex pig prior to his arrival is not a goods sign for the future.

6 Likes

Someone get me the brain bleach, stat.

3 Likes

My advice is, ditch the guy, not the sofa. The world is full of potential boyfriends but if they’re giving the sofa away now on account of the current boyfriend, they’re never going to find it again when their next boyfriend says “You really had a pig couch? You gotta be kidding. I always wanted one of those”.

15 Likes

Not to mention, the couch will not be the last of the relationship conditions.

9 Likes

You know I was just going to say fuck the new boyfriend (metaphorically) but yeah, what you said.

2 Likes

I hope I’m the only one who thought of Frank Zappa when they saw that. :worried:

1 Like

I’ve done WAY too many hallucinogens in my life, for this couch to be an even remotely good idea. In a dimly-lit room at 2am…? Nope²!

5 Likes

BONEUS FEATURE: Tastefully lit under a UV lamp, this glorious structure transforms into a Jackson Pollock-inspired masterpiece

2 Likes

Troll alert!! Not actually for sale.

Here’s the Etsy shop of the creator (who doesn’t want to make another pig couch).

EDIT: the Etsy shop is mostly reselling stuff. I didn’t see anything pig-couch-worthy.
17 Likes