Survey: which soul-destroying cursed/enchanted item would you choose?

Originally published at: Survey: which soul-destroying cursed/enchanted item would you choose? | Boing Boing

6 Likes

The link to the rest is down, sadly.

3 Likes

here’s a mirror of the image since the imgur link is bungled

14 Likes

Don’t forget you can make a poll right here in Discourse:

Sin of Preference
  • Wallet of Greed
  • Watch of Sloth
  • Spectacles of Envy
  • Ring of Pride
  • Flask of Gluttony
  • Gun of Wrath
  • Locket of Lust
  • In exchange for my soul? Hah, sucker.
0 voters

Some observations:

The Wallet of Greed’s “cash” is nice, but kind of “One Million Dollars!”. A good contractor makes more than that a day. The credit card thing is much more significant…but how your credit is wiped is a little more important than just the number.

The Watch of Sloth sounds like a good way to get yourself in trouble at the 59th minute, and a great way to age very quickly.

The Spectacles of Envy are certainly powerful in the right hands.

I think you’d have to be pretty young to be excited about the Ring of Pride, Flask of Gluttony or Locket of Lust (sad to get old, right?)

After the last four years, I’m afraid that if I’m honest, my sin is Wrath.

13 Likes

Flask of gluttony just makes you healthy? I’m not seeing the ironic curse to not needing a hip replacement at age 60.

22 Likes

How come so many people would pick the wallet?

Sounds much more efficient to use the watch to rob banks for much bigger amounts, or use the locket to make a rich old billionnaire fall in love with you.

EDIT: also, the wallet is even less attractive when you take inflation into account.

9 Likes

So the last “enchanted” item is…a weapon of rape?

14 Likes

The wallet will zero all debt on whatever credit cards you have.

You will have essentially unlimited credit you never have to pay back.

10 Likes

Well, you have exactly an hour to rob the bank…don’t screw up! Alternatively you have access to a billion dollars! And now you have to sleep with a billionaire.

I think I’d take the flask over either of those.

5 Likes

I’d take the ring of pride, as it would give me the ability to self actualize myself rather than rely on external factors. The one thing i do think is missing from these items is that i would expect them to have some kind of downside or cost.

Also this is reminding me of a show i loved called The Lost Room where there is a huge mystery surrounding a room that doesn’t exist and items that came from said room that can do specific things. Some very useful and powerful and some pretty useless, and some have an unknown use. Great show.

28 Likes

Oh man, I think choosing any of these is a mistake. I considered each one, but I’m going with “none”.

(and I wish the official Google hosted poll had a none option!)

7 Likes

Missing 9th option- I kick the demons ass, give him nothing, and I take all of it.

Then I use the gun to shoot him.

6 Likes

I went for the Flask of Gluttony, because it doesn’t screw over other people. The other option would be the Wallet of Greed, and use it to wipe out global debt.

12 Likes

And especially don’t break the watch while time is stopped!

12 Likes

That was a great show!

9 Likes

Can I get the keys to Warehouse 13 instead?

18 Likes

I took the survey and then was like, “oh, crap, you mean in trade for my soul?!? I take it back!”

Always read the contract.

15 Likes

I still deeply lament that there was never a second season and that the Scifi channel buried it shortly after it premiered. Not sure what happened behind the scenes but i still hope that some day there may be a follow up.

6 Likes

That bus ticket was like a low-res version of the gun of wrath, right?

3 Likes

I’ve never understood these bargains. If you believe the demon that you have an immortal soul and can trade it away, why would you ever do that? No matter how awful your life is, it’s trivial in the face of eternity. The obvious response to an offer like that is to resolve to lead an exemplary life of faith and good works.

16 Likes