Survivor-count for the Chicago PD's black-site/torture camp climbs to 7,000+

at 7000 victims, and torture, some people must have died, statistically speaking.
I mean even without torture somebody should have died there over the years, because some times people die. So if there haven’t been any deaths there, at all, that’s a big red flag to me - because that would imply that someone died as people sometimes will because they didn’t have medication or whatever, were locked up didn’t get looked at in time, and then they got rid of that inconvenient death.

And anyway, given that people often will die in American prisons or holding stations just because nobody cares to look in on them, or they will commit suicide for various reasons I would have to think that the statistic for how many people have died would be higher than the amount you would expect for just normal mortality rates among 7000 people over a space of what is it exactly - 11 years?

The combination of running a startup and being only middling good at stats prevents me from making the argument in full, but someone better at stats than I should look at it. Unless there are reported deaths, but the article makes it seem that there weren’t any. which is, of course, weird.

3 Likes