Suspect who killed 5 people in Texas mass shooting has "vanished" with "zero leads"

Originally published at: Suspect who killed 5 people in Texas mass shooting has "vanished" with "zero leads" | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Nothing screams competence like cosplayers with real guns as law enforcement.

19 Likes

But isn’t the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, a good guy with a gun? That’s what they say isn’t it?

Were they lying?

6 Likes
9 Likes

Did he describe the shooter as a hero for doing his part for urban renewal?

6 Likes

Offering a reward to the shooter? Or for the shooter? “It’s just non-humans doing non-human things. Lets get back to important things. We have books to ban and trans children to kidnap!”

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

15 Likes

Shorter version: “We’re pretending like we’re looking for him for the TV cameras.”

9 Likes

It may well have been a matter of unsuitability that isn’t strictly incompetence: one imagines that more than a few members of the search team were not really hoping to make the murderous rifleman who might well see you before you see him feel backed into a corner.

I wouldn’t automatically exclude the possibility of an embarrassing failure of technique; but I’d be more inclined to suspect a reasonably orthodox search plan as executed by people aware of the potential consequences of success.

12 Likes

No.

Abbott also referred to the suspected gunman in the case, Francisco Oropesa, as someone “who is in the country illegally”

I’m honestly surprised he didn’t say something about the trash taking itself out. That would be more on-brand for him.

8 Likes

This is Texas so I’m assuming this means that the cops stood around outside the house without entering for 3 hours, then gave up?

11 Likes

No but really… this place is described as 45 minutes from Houston and Houston goes more than forty-five minutes in all directions so it probably really did take the cops a long time to get there from whatever sherrifs office.

I haven’t been reading much about it though because it’s disturbing.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, there’s no way that the cops could have intervened - It was over long before they got there. I’m just imagining their investigation and pursuit involves a lot of being afraid and also not really caring about the victims in this case

7 Likes

Oh boy…you can almost hear the heads exploding over at Fox with the release of this news…

3 Likes

So this is going to be Joe Biden’s fault for not securing the border?

7 Likes

Exploding? This is going to play into so many of their stories:

• Gun laws don’t work because the gun laws we HAVE would have prevented this sale.
  • The shooter is here because Biden’s weak on crime and we’re being invaded.
  • If the victims had guns, they would have survived.
  • The victims wouldn’t even have been here if Biden secured the border.

They’re gonna have a pick of stories. They won’t know where to start.

5 Likes

Yeah, that was my point. Expect breathless round the clock coverage on this murderous illegal fugitive terrorizing the country and killing innocent…well, er…other illegals…but, but there are plenty more coming after YOU TOO!!

4 Likes

I gather their dragnet involved standing 300 yards apart from each other as they collectively established a safe perimeter around the forest.

2 Likes

The man has been found hiding in a closet under a pile of laundry after the police received a tip. Guess that reward money may have been a factor.

He’s being held on a $5m bond, which is weird. Obviously he probably can’t come up with $5m, but let’s say that he somehow did. Why would they even consider letting this guy out on bail? The cash bail system is stupid. Plenty of low-risk criminal suspects should be released while awaiting trial, but not people who are believed, with good evidence, to have massacred a family in cold blood.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.