Suspected serial killer caught after cops put out a bait mannequin

Didn’t know about this, thanks for sharing the info. I do think that having caught the man red handed and having video of it does a lot for their case, i don’t think it’s a slam dunk but it definitely is a solid start for the prosecution to do their job. I can only hope more comes to light about this guy that they can use

1 Like

Schindler? Oh the f’ing irony.

They went from zero suspects and no murder weapon to having a very strong suspect caught with the likely murder weapon and a demonstrated willingness to use it. Any way you spin this the police are much closer to closing this case than they were before.

11 Likes

Firsthand knowledge? Is here something we should know? :wink:

1 Like

I’m hurt you’d think I’d be so sloppy :cry:

But nah, if I weren’t against murder, I’d go after the other end of the income spectrum.

4 Likes

His claim that he knew “it was a mannequin” is important. If he doesn’t make that claim then you can prosecute for attempted murder (e.g., trying to kill a dead person can get you indicted for this), and they might still be able to given the other evidence. What a monster.

…and I read the article: “A man accused of attacking a police decoy mannequin near downtown Las Vegas was charged Tuesday with attempted murder.”

Yeah, but he can’t make that claim about the other murders, and now they have access to physical evidence they can try to tie to the other killings.

This case is peanuts, and they might not care if they win or lose this one. It’s the other murders they want to solve.

4 Likes

I can think of a few candidates.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I imagine every single blunt instrument they can connect with him, his clothes, where he keeps his tools, and his vehicle will analyzed for DNA from the victims. If he is the culprit in those killings and wasn’t smart enough to clean up all the evidence, they can hopefully find something to pin it on him.

I’d probably just attach some wires and use it in conjunction with some old movies to scare off burglars.

3 Likes

I literally used to have nightmares because of this one:

4 Likes

Where’s Dexter when we need him?

5 Likes

Thank you, SenorSchaffer, for rebuilding the face of one of my childhood fears.
Now my bad dreams will all be wearing that fucking hat. HIGH FIVE!

It didn’t help that my grandmother was an avid doll collector. When I spent the night at her house I had to sleep in the Shirley Temple doll room. It was filled with about 50 dolls ranging from wee ones to life size.

That was only one of the rooms.

9 Likes

I’m kinda surprised that such a Scooby Doo-esque ploy actually worked; but hey, when in Bizzaro-land…

*chucklez

I remember that show.

9 Likes

Dark thought of the day:

From the producers of “Bait Car” comes the new reality TV smash hit of 2050 - “Bait”.

We send these androids into the worst areas, alone, aloof, just ripe for a mugging or assault! See what trouble the get in to before the cops can spring the trap!

“You’re under arrest for assault and robbery!”

“Hey, no, I thought that was my cousin that owed me money!”

4 Likes

Suspect has a history of mental illness and appears to have attacked his mother in a similar way in the past:

The prosecutor also said Schindler previously had been diagnosed as schizophrenic and was accused in an assault on his mother in Michigan, though it was unclear whether he had been charged with a crime.

DiGiacomo referred to authorities in that state, who said Schindler “attacked his sleeping mother in her bed and beat her about the head.”

2 Likes

Contrary to the image we get of Hannibal Lecter-like sophisticated and smart serial killers, most are below average intelligence.

And remember how bad average intelligence is.

9 Likes

Or are those just the ones that get caught. Would someone half way smart do a much better job of not getting caught? But yeah, I read about the Cleveland strangler and it is AMAZING he didn’t get found out sooner.

Also - was the suspect named Maxwell?

2 Likes