Suzanne Crough, aka Tracy on The Partridge Family, RIP

[Permalink]

Sad!

I remember her face, and little else. The two little-kid characters were almost like furniture. They actually swapped actors for the little boy after a season. The replacement looked nothing like the first. Black haired to blonde and slightly bigger.

3 Likes

I wonder why she didn’t continue acting? Maybe it wasn’t a really good experience?

Sounds like she stopped acting as soon as she was an adult (18) and went on with her life. Considering what the field was like for young women at the time, that was probably the healthiest decision.

Looking at her strawberry red hair and heavily freckled face, I wonder if melanoma cut her down in her prime.

sad news but you are behind the curve

Looking at her strawberry red hair and heavily freckled face, I wonder if melanoma cut her down in her prime.

Don’t think so–all the statements refer to it being sudden, and Shirley Jones is quoted as saying that she… "just fell asleep at the dining room table and left us forever” .

She seemed to have completely escaped the pitfalls of a lot of showbiz kids–at least from what you can see on the surface. Married 30 years, 2 kids, and everyone in the cast seems to have nothing but good things to say about her.

2 Likes

Yikes! My childhood is starting to populate cemeteries…

1 Like

One of those spontaneous torn aortas, maybe. Sad senseless crap like that can happen to anyone.

I hope her family gets residuals. As far as I know The Partridge Family is still running on nostalgia stations.

So weird… I only remembered the Come on Get Happy opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsFX75dyc8I

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.