Sweet fuzzy spider gives high fives to her human friend

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/09/sweet-fuzzy-spider-gives-high-fives-to-her-human-friend.html

8 Likes

What a cutie.

11 Likes

So next step is to 'breed ‘em up’ to be no bigger than a pekingese…?

12 Likes

They walk all over your face when you’re sleeping. Just wake up and grab one…not too tightly of course or you’ll need another one

13 Likes

It’s not so much a “high five” as the spider wondering, about the finger, “can I climb on this? maybe?” which is still adorable.

13 Likes

Not so adorable when it’s bigger, and on the bottom of the leg of your shorts, about to start exploring the inside of the shorts. (I took a swipe at it, but it probably saw my hand coming slowly and leisurely jumped off.)

8 Likes

In-house net support and troubleshooting.

16 Likes

10 Likes

Anyone know what species that is? I’m just curious. The markings are different from our local spiderfrends.

5 Likes

spider eyes

8 Likes

15 Likes

Based on my 100% amateur research (i.e. trying to use a spider identification site and DDG), it’s a (possibly juvenile) jumping spider. These were visually closest to my eye:

6 Likes

Hmmm, kind of familiar:

1 Like

Immediately brought to mind

Highly recommended, but maybe not for arachnophobes!

We have these in the garden, and I do enjoy tossing them treats when picking pests off the plants.

Never got a high five though! Ingrates… :laughing:

4 Likes

Daww they’re cute, I like them

The one in the video has a quite distinct diamond pattern on its back, but I can’t find a perfect match. I expect there’s some variation and age may matter too…

Now that I think of it, I used to hang with an arachnologist. Weird but true. I wonder if she’ll still take my calls.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.