Swimming pool in skyscraper was bad idea

The neighbors below are not amused.

32 Likes

Some people pay extra for a wave pool feature.

10 Likes

The winds were so high the video was compressed in on each side. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

What’s going on in the master bathroom? Is it common in Brazil* to have separate his-and-hers bidets in luxury residences? Are they making an open-minded play for same-sex couples?

[* This seems to be the building

]

5 Likes

This reminds me of when I was in college. I kept finding water on my desk and no sign of a leak from the ceiling above It happened for several days in a row. Each day I would come back to find water on my desk. My roommate claimed to have no knowledge of what was going on.

I had an afternoon off that week and I was at my desk when water splashed onto me. I looked in the direction from which it had come to see the water in my nearby fish tank (10 gal rectangular) noticably sloshing from side to side. Enough so that on some peaks a litle bit would splash out.

My dorm room was on the 7th story of a fairly tall building. This week has been particularly windy and I had just cleaned the fish tank, so the water level was as high as it ever gets. All of these conspired to get my desk wet. I’m glad I was there that afternoon or this might have ended up bothering me for years afterwards.

17 Likes

If it’s not his pool, then chances are he’s going to be the one cleaning it up and/or explaining to the owner why he he was filming it instead of draining it, so I would think it would still be the thing to do.

But in any event, if you see a grocery cart rolling toward someone else’s Mercedes in the parking lot, you still grab the cart instead of your phone to film it right?

1 Like

I wish we had one bidet. Fucking rich people.

3 Likes

20 posts were split to a new topic: Luxury car drivers

Unplug it?

For $31.99 the BoingBoing Store has you covered:

15 Likes

Thanks, I remember that at the time and passed on it.

I’m happy to save up for top of the line, separate fixture professionally installed.

3 Likes

If i were to ever become a homeowner i would totally put in a bidet and maybe a urinal

4 Likes

from 2010, correct?

2 Likes

any indoor pool should be surrounded by a slotted drain return. swaying isn’t even the main reason - simple splashing is reason enough.

10 Likes

Why am I thinking of filling the pools with mercury?

I spied floor drains, but they look inadequate for the actual conditions.

6 Likes

Is that stock imagery, or from a movie?

And the slosh frequency of the pool is the same as the sway frequency of the building.

3 Likes

An advertisement. Not sure where they obtained it.

http://www.impressiveinteriordesign.com/solutions-for-water-leaking-through-ceiling/

1 Like

Y - yeah, of course I do…

3 Likes