Taco Bell is recalling 2.3 million pounds of ground beef for metal shavings

Up to 80%!

Beef, water, seasoning [cellulose, chili pepper, maltodextrin, salt, oats (contains wheat), soy lecithin, spices, tomato powder, sugar, onion powder, citric acid, natural flavors (including smoke flavor), torula yeast, cocoa, disodium inosinate & guanylate, dextrose, lactic acid, modified corn starch], salt, sodium phosphates.

And, this week, extra iron fortification :wink:

5 Likes

Just a walk down memory lane…I’m old enough to remember when American-style “Mexican” food chains actually cooked their meat in-house, before the advent of “bucket meat”.

My brother worked at one in high school. We dubbed him the “prince of the taco palace”.

4 Likes

I am just old enough (58) to remember when Arby’s served up real roast beef, sliced on the spot.

That’s long gone, of course, displaced by the all-profitable Pink Slime:

4 Likes

I’m 52, and remember my friend slicing the roast beef at the Arby’s in our local mall as late as 1983. Even the Orange Julius next door was blending an egg in your Julius if you wanted. :egg:
Now we have plant-based burgers.

4 Likes

May contain traces of Nuts… and Bolts. And watch out for the Spring Onion.

@navarro I surprised how frivolous a lot of Brutalist architecture looks.

3 Likes

“Beef”, water, shavings [cellulose, Red Hot Chili Peppers, molten boron, salt, salt, salt, oaths (some demonic), sorry le chitin, Spice, tornado power, sugar, sugar, sugar, onion powder, nitric acid, natural and unnatural flavors (including smog flavor), tarantula, yeasts, caca, cyanacetate & guano latte, Dexter, galactic acid, modified corn starch (may contain non-euclidian angles)], salt, salt, salt, sodium, phosphate.

2 Likes

I knew his sister was up to no good.

1 Like

Nah, I think the metal shavings were recalled because they had a weird pink slime in them.

3 Likes

Worthy of featuring in a Jonathan Meades documentary. :wink:
Out of interest, what/where is that? (Assuming it’s real…)

And if the test fails and the item is not detected, do they waste a whole batch or have some other way of finding the random metal article they flung in the line? Or do they run a line empty, with only metal objects (hardly a realworld test)? I clearly need to watch more of these documentaries.

Damn, now THAT’S brutal

it’s called “habitat 67” and was constructed on the site of and for the 1967 montreal world’s fair.

1 Like

Given the state of Taco Bell meat, it could be said that it was contaminating the metal shavings.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.