Take a creepy cross country roadtrip with The United States of Cryptids is a creepy cross-country roadtrip

Originally published at: Take a creepy cross country roadtrip with The United States of Cryptids is a creepy cross-country roadtrip | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Take a creepy cross country roadtrip with The United States of Cryptids is a creepy cross-country roadtrip

Umm - is it by any chance a creepy cross country roadtrip? I wasn’t sure on that point. :wink:

ETA it is, of course, a creepy, cross-country road trip. Quite different.

9 Likes

It’s A+B testing of two headline versions. For when you have no time to do A/B

7 Likes

I prefer option C (see above ETA) :wink:

But they didn’t test that one. ;-(

3 Likes

Big Ocker fan here. Followed his blog oddthingsiveseen for years. Now that the family knows his books are sure-fire hits for Christmas and my birthday, I read a couple of his books a year. Looking forward to this one appearing under the tree!

2 Likes

We love books like this, so I’ll hafta hip my BF :smiley:

BTW, “chupacabras” is the singular form of that singular cryptid.

1 Like

It’s a shame they don’t have merch with the illustrations

1 Like

I was worried I had a stroke.

3 Likes

The layout is a delightful tribute to pen and paper RPG books of the 80s and the accompanying travelog gives me very strong Cults of Prax* vibes! Neat!!!

*A RuneQuest supplement, published by Chaosium, adding additional religious and mythical content that featured a travelog of a traveling character that was encountering the various religions of the region of Prax, in addition to the game rules)

ETA: Or it might just be the use of a brown ink. Chaosium fans know what I am talking about

1 Like

Cross country is a trip through the Bible Belt.

6 Likes

my little pony rimshot GIF

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.