Take a peek into the world's largest birdhouses

Originally published at: Take a peek into the world's largest birdhouses | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I dunno, I’ve seen birds living inside an airport :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Let me guess, it’s full of poop?

4 Likes

46-BB-Nest

6 Likes
8 Likes

These are the biggest birdhouses in the world. I’ve never seen one bigger than mine.

He seems unfamiliar with the concept of a dovecot. I’ve seen several that are far larger than that.

(Oh, he thinks a dovecot is not a birdhouse? Hmmm.)

3 Likes

Of course not; it’s an IMAP server.

1 Like

Those are pretty big, but there are some truly massive ones in India:

A 40 story bird house (from the article):

4 Likes
2 Likes

He enjoys it, and it helps him manage chronic pain? Excellent.
Other people enjoy it, enough to buy his houses? Wonderful!

I’m not into it, however. To minimize the risk of diseases, it’s best practice to have birdhouses that can have the poop, etc. be removed when the birds are not using them.

Also, all I can think of when I look at the barn wood houses is ‘carpenter bees will love that!’

1 Like

Owner, wandering through his property, “it is quite large for one, but I do like the family to come round”.

2 Likes

Had to Google that - it’s the sort of obscure reference that needs at least one of its words to be a link.

2 Likes

internet what GIF

however
star wars GIF

1 Like

… without search engines we’d never get each other’s jokes :thinking:

2 Likes
1 Like

Re size, you’re 100% correct. Three of my six uncles on my mother’s side of the family raised pigeons and housed them in homemade pigeon coops located atop their B’klyn residences. Each structure was at least three times the size of SUVs, but even those were dwarfed by bona fide dovecotes. He may be thinking of birdhouses that look like people’s homes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.