Take a trip to “The White Squirrel Capital of the World”

Originally published at: Take a trip to "The White Squirrel Capital of the World" | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Bowling Green, KY, has entered the chat.

6 Likes

If you want to spot a white squirrel or two with your own eyes, what better time to visit than for the White Squirrel Festival,

The festival sounds like a good time, but if these squirrels are anything like all the other squirrels I’ve ever seen in my life, a festival with huge crowds of people around might not be the best time to see the squirrels. I suspect they’re not avid festival goers.

2 Likes

9 Likes

We can all agree that the black squirrels are just as cute though, right? I didn’t even know these guys existed until I can across a bunch that live on the Stanford campus.

4 Likes

We had one at my work for awhile. He was very elusive. I suspect a hawk got him in the end. :confused:

1 Like

Exeter, Ontario, Canada has entered the chat
https://www.discover-southern-ontario.com/white-squirrels.html
Also grey squirrels, but with the occasional albino thrown in. Also no festival or claim of capital of anything, just proud of our squirrels. I had an ex boyfriend who swore the white squirrels attacked him, but I have had no problems other than the squirrel wars on our roof. The black, grey, and white squirrels territories collided on our property and they think it is fun to chase each other in the middle of the night for the prize of control of our neighbours oak tree.

3 Likes

Marionville MO has entered the chat.

2 Likes

There are a fair number of them in Stratford, CT.

Three different locations.

4 Likes

Obligs

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.