Mom rescues baby squirrel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/16/mom-rescues-baby-squirrel.html

10 Likes

Oh… I thought you meant my mom. Because that seems really out of character for her.

3 Likes

In my vicinity it is not legal to keep wildlife. If you do find such an animal you are supposed to turn it over to the city animal control authorities.

2 Likes

In the UK that would be like rescuing a baby rat. The native American grey squirrel has come close to wiping out the native British red squirrel thanks to the former’s more aggressive nature and the transmission of a disease which is harmless to the grey but fatal to the red. Releasing a grey squirrel back into the wild is actually illegal here.

4 Likes

A house full of dogs? What could possibly go wrong?

I see a grey squirrel any more, it might as well be a starving polar bear for all the wholesomeness it projects. Rats with fluffy tails, is all they are, ecologically speaking.

3 Likes

I’m reminded yet again of how folks in the US brought grey squirrels out of the woods and into the cities:

Squirrels on the Boston Common and in the Public Garden there are still of chinchilla-sized proportions, and still mug people for food. And people still find them cute enough to feed. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

That said, rats can also be pretty adorable; and their tails aren’t even fuzzy.

3 Likes

Same in the U.S., there are always consequences…

2 Likes

Fuck off everybody! It’s a cute little animal and I’m here for it!!!

(Haha!)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.