Taliban announces it will start stoning women to death in public

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/28/taliban-announces-it-will-start-stoning-women-to-death-in-public.html

19 Likes

35 Likes

All conservatives are bad people.

12 Likes

From the Guardian article:

Most recently, in February, the Taliban executed people in public at stadiums in Jawzjan and Ghazni provinces. The militant group has urged people to attend executions and punishments as a “lesson” but banned filming or photography.

The Taliban want to intimidate people inside Afghanistan without fuelling outrage outside the country.

15 Likes

Delightful creatures. /s

1 Like

25 posts were split to a new topic: God and Gott – dare we say they are the same?

predictably:
assholes who do bad things to people in the recent past
say they will not do so when cementing power
and then do so again once they have power

applies to Taliban, RNC, Religions, Governments, Police, Corporations and generally humans across the board.
The exceptions are few, far between and often a result of selective memory.

7 Likes

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF
Of course they did…

7 Likes

21 Likes

“They tested their draconian policies one by one and have reached this point because there is no one to hold them accountable for the abuses. …We should all be warned that if not stopped, more and more will come.”

Sound familiar – and very close to home.

15 Likes

Make Afghanistan Great Again

7 Likes

This sounds absolutely horrible. 360 men and 57 women publicly flogged and/or executed in the last year alone.

4 Likes

…and you can’t spell “fundamentalist” without “fundament.”

10 Likes

I’ll have to admit, I had to look that up. The second definition is most fitting. :+1:

7 Likes

Fucks

angry fuck my life GIF by Productions Déferlantes

4 Likes

This is exactly why religion and government should not be mixed. It doesn’t matter which religion; just keep religions and governments in separate spheres. Just to be safe.

14 Likes

Or “mental”.

4 Likes

It’s a useful old word.

Amen! LOL

3 Likes

Oh is it pick-on-the-south day again so soon? I must not have marked my calendar.

11 Likes