Talking Heads' "Remain in Light" on Albums That Changed Music

Originally published at: Talking Heads' "Remain in Light" on Albums That Changed Music | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Don’t miss this set from virtual Bonnaroo of Turkuaz plus Jerry Harrison and Adrian Belew doing several songs from Remain in Light. Just brilliant interpretations, Belew’s still got all the solos, Harrison is having a blast, and I can’t get enough of the bassist playing barefoot and crosslegged on the floor.

5 Likes

remain in light is one of my 10 favorite albums of all time. top 5 even. i want the song once in a lifetime played at my memorial service when i go.

4 Likes

It’s a really solid album from top to bottom. I can’t think of a track I’d skip listening to it.

And this is awesome too… one of the better AMVs I’ve seen in a while now, which I think won an award at AWA a couple of years ago.

9 Likes

It certainly changed my appreciation of music, permanently.

2 Likes

What an awesome set, thank you for posting that!

1 Like

(Digression, but it’s YOUR fault!)

Angelique Kidjo is a force of nature and a hero of mine. Her track-for-track remake of this album is so brilliant and inventive and personal, I want all fans of the original to hear it and love her as I do.

Was first turned onto her in the late 90’s with her equally beautiful cover of Hendrix’s “Voodoo Chile.”

(End of digression…) (okay, I take full responsibility)

1 Like

No don’t! Angelique Kidjo is amazing. She was going to make an album with Tony Allen and Manu Dibango. How sad sad sad.

And as both you and Mindysan say the remake of remain in light is amazing. I love it.

2 Likes

And @robertmckenna, this is getting a bit off topic… but…

3 Likes

Never seen this, thanks so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.