Tapeworms took up residency in Florida man's brain after he ate undercooked bacon

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/14/tapeworms-took-up-residency-in-florida-mans-brain-after-he-ate-undercooked-bacon.html

7 Likes

Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

12 Likes

i blame Waffle House.
damn undercooked bacon and watery grits :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Undercooked bacon?

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

4 Likes

I think if he’s like a lot of bbsers, the problem was actually that Florda Man took up residency under cooked bacon.

6 Likes

Aim for flatworm superpowers, get oral drugs and a mandate to expand your mind (that worms ate.) Thanks, symptoms!

Dealing with this Vaya guy at Berkeley’s Aspergillus Burger notion yesterday too. And their cannily chosen spelling errors too. Reasons to go with well done and seasoned with salt substitute as well as slider size patties (out of respect for the food animal. Assuming they didn’t raise it on something’s lungs to be extra.)

2 Likes

Yeah, the whole growth cycle explainer in The Guardian is a bit much. Well…the NY Post or such probably writes people a slate clear of error often, but it is a placeholder for chum.

3 Likes

It’s a thing. A very, very stupid thing, but it’s a thing.

5 Likes

Once more, reality mimics fiction.
Be ready for another zombie apocalypse.
Great reading (but I’d eagerly read her grocery shopping list)!

So Futurama lied? Worms from undercooked food don’t give me enhanced intelligence and strength?

5 Likes

Maybe not. The article didn’t say if the guy got smarter, only that he had a headache.

All we know is he started out dumb enough to eat raw bacon, and now maybe he’s smart enough not to do that again. So, :person_shrugging: ?

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.