Tapir falls into storm drain

Originally published at: Tapir falls into storm drain | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Thank you Jennifer for finally addressing the erasure of these noble, adorable, ridiculous creatures! Thank you @euansmith for highlighting this SHOCKING lack!

ETA: Because I am me, I have to add a Runequest reference to the Morokanth of Prax - upright, intelligent tapirs (illustrated here by the talented and much missed Lisa A. Free)

279459845_2249909365169046_1225259352217753888_n

And remind everyone that April 28th is World Tapir Day. Start planning now

11 Likes

I’ll meet yuo under the Money Tree in Pudding Lane.

4 Likes

I think that’s you @Art

3 Likes

Sure we’re seeing a surge in interest in tapirs, but inevitably that interest will…
decline

4 Likes

This surge in tapir interest is the new normal and Boingboing will be basing all business decisions hence forth on that assumption, until there are massive layoffs down the road. Like a real tech company

(and apologies to @Art for ignoring their contribution - now I feel like someone ignoring non-Western cultures in his “comprehensive” review of world history :slightly_frowning_face:)

(ETA: and @NukeML, eventually…I saw what you did there :grin:)

3 Likes

Tapirs don’t decline; they just tapir off over time.

2 Likes

With that, here’s my first installment of “Tapir Talk,” an ongoing series where I’ll share tapir news.

Awesome! More of that please.

I once set out sleepwalking in my house, and made my way into my brother’s room. I don’t remember any of it, but I began moving his furniture around. He woke up and asked what the hell I was doing. “I saw a tapir go through here, I’m trying to find it.” He’d never heard of this noble animal, and thought I’d mumbled something incoherent. The next day he told me what I’d done. I showed him a picture of a tapir in an encyclopedia (this was pre-Web), and tapirs are now a running joke in our family.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.