Tax-funded charter schools textbooks deny evolution, teach human-dinosaur cohabitation, endorse slavery and indigenous genocide

Black tie and tails.

6 Likes

Probably no one. His so-called “followers,” however, anyone who doesn’t agree with them.

2 Likes

With followers like that, who needs heretics?

8 Likes

i-fell-over

17 Likes

The ideal sauropod hunter!

7 Likes

14 Likes

Are only Christians obsessed with believing that humans and dinosaurs co-existed? Does the Talmud weigh in on his issue?

Evidence!

6 Likes

“Unlike the “modern math” theorists, who believe that mathematics is a creation of man and thus arbitrary and relative, A Beka Book teaches that the laws of mathematics are a creation of God and thus absolute…A Beka Book provides attractive, legible, and workable traditional mathematics texts that are not burdened with modern theories such as set theory.” — ABeka.com

8 Likes

adams-family-morticia-oh-no

8 Likes

Does that mean traditional mathematics texts that are not burdened with modern theories that the author never learned?

6 Likes

The social studies books downplay the horrors of slavery and the mistreatment of Native Americans, they said. One book, in its brief section on the civil rights movement, said that “most black and white southerners had long lived together in harmony” and that “power-hungry individuals stirred up the people.”

Yep, just happy days down on the plantation.

12 Likes

It’s called “doubling down” on the lunacy.

5 Likes

So, uh, what kind of job is this type of curriculum supposed to be preparing one for? Teaching this type of curriculum?

My cynical side says, well, fuck these idiots, less people on the job market I’ll have to compete with.

But it’s awful thinking kids get subjected to this shit because of their exceptionally idiotic parents.

2 Likes

Well, we can’t expect evangelicals to want children to grow up to be tolerant critical thinkers. Without this sort of training the megachurches (and “colleges” like Liberty U.) would have no future.

7 Likes

If you’re gonna rise to the top of the greed mountain you’ve got to make sure the people you are keeping down are so fucking stupid they won’t give a shit and may even shovel shit on their own children just to keep the stupid at a healthy level. I’ve seen the first hand damage of christians in remote Amazon villages. People stripped of their beliefs and culture, shown pictures of some white-ass pie in the sky and then told to suffer in silence. About as soon as the area is sufficiently violated the jezuz folks head back to AC and TV while their victims drown in the aftermath and rot their bodies and souls with rotgut liquor. Fuckers aren’t happy with just their own ate up BS, they go out and poison other people too. Now there’s some goddamn sinning folks.

12 Likes

very happy days.
jay3

4 Likes

The sitcoms of that age must have been far out.

4 Likes

Makes me think of that picture of Little Donnie Jr. and his Bowie knife.

3 Likes

Not sure about the Talmud, but at least someone has thought about the question: “are dinosaurs kosher?”

9 Likes

Perfect, jh!