Teacher arrested after threatening to behead muslim girl who criticized Israeli flag in his classroom

Originally published at: Teacher arrested after threatening to behead muslim girl who criticized Israeli flag in his classroom | Boing Boing

3 Likes

how high wtf GIF

18 Likes

Guess who’s getting detention? 24 hours & years long.

Criminal asshole.

15 Likes

I got nothin. Even if what the girl has said was antisemitic, which it wasn’t, that is beyond an inappropriate way to deal with it.

24 Likes

Maybe this wasn’t the right choice of profession for him.

16 Likes

If the evil feeding premise of the movie Ghostbusters were true we’d all be swimming in marshmallow cream right now while being chased by millions of giant Stay Puff monster sharks.

I’ve quite had enough of these assholes.

7 Likes

yeah, i’m baffled as to what exactly he thinks was antisemitic about her (reported) comment.

8 Likes

Well…I’m not baffled about that. The girl is Palestinian-American. Her mere existence is seen as antisemitic by some.

25 Likes

Well it’s the Netanyahu defence: “if you criticise Israel then you’re an anti-Semite”.

17 Likes

It’s astonishing how many adults can’t grasp the simple fact that the Israeli government is not the equivalent of the Jewish People (or even the Israeli People) and neither is its flag. They seem to grasp it when someone points out that the Putin’s Government is not the Russian People, but never with Israel. Criticizing the Israeli government and its actions is not antisemitic. A seven year-old child may or may not understand that, but the grown-ups in the room damn well should.

22 Likes

And here it is…

disrespecting my Jewish flag

Someone else who fails to comprehend that there might be a difference between a religion and a country.

24 Likes

I myself blame Belinda Carlisle for failing to make heaven a place on earth.

5 Likes

Step 2: He found out.

9 Likes

I have found that the vast majority of people who are speaking most vehemently about this topic these days had little to no engagement with it 2 1/2 months ago, were horrified by what either Hamas or Israel has done (usually not both, unfortunately), picked a side and set the cannons out on their lawn. The thoughts are knee-jerk, half formed and nearly all are willing to overlook the humanity of one “side” or the other. We recently watched one of Michelle Wolf’s specials and she absolutely nailed my feelings on the subject (caveat; she’s using white women as a proxy for inchoate internet outrage, but otherwise…)

7 Likes

Which is horrid, because it cheapens and minimizes actual antisemitism.

If criticizing a government for violating an international treaty it signed on to is antisemitism, then how bad can the “other forms” of antisemitism really be?

11 Likes

8 Likes

I might think that… except that the individual in question is a White man, (they often only fail up) and we live in a country where mental health is a perpetually worsening crisis.

The combo of those two factors is a recipe for senseless fuckery.

11 Likes

Jesus Christ, this guy has lost the plot.

I realize tensions are high, but holy cow, this a child you’re supposed to be teaching.

6 Likes

I’m thankful that attitude is getting plenty of opposition from the more enlightened among us. It gives me great pleasure that the places I hang out online have lots and lots of posts saying, “Criticising the Israeli gov’t is NOT anti-semitic!”

9 Likes

Anger management issues in white men are often endured by family members without any consequences for generations.

I would think most people with issues like this are undetected or even enabled in high positions in society actually because anger and irrational angry outbursts are really common in humans.

This guy just happened to blow past a line most people can see in a public place.

12 Likes