Arizona school teacher suspended for wearing a devil costume to school

Originally published at: Arizona school teacher suspended for wearing a devil costume to school | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Guess the administration was just trying to play along with him by doing the devils work.

13 Likes

the funny thing - you know, besides the implications of a state sanctioned religious veto over every activity - is that satan is christian. now, if the teacher had dressed up as pan or something, then i’d think the christians would have a solid complaint

29 Likes

23 Likes

Anything with goat’s legs should be suspect.

12 Likes

“If you’re gonna keep the Christian stuff out, then you got to keep the devil-worshiping stuff out, period.”

ey! christians don’t got no exclusive rights (or rites even) to the devil! the devil is multicultural and nonsectarian and older than a mere couple o’ millennia! ain’t no one put ol’ scratch inna corner.

('sides tis halloween)

22 Likes

Hail Satan - Dwayne The Rock, Johnson on SNL

21 Likes

hail satan GIF

22 Likes

picture devil GIF

And of course:
IMG_0495

13 Likes

OK, as much as I want to do my own bit of pearl clutching here and get mad at the school board for being sanctimonious, if this is an accurate account, I’ve got to side with the kid here. Dammit. If the kid was just getting upset and whining about the costume without the teacher being a jerk, I’d just roll my eyes, but … yeah, a jerk is a jerk.

41 Likes

Things tend to escalate quickly when impious mock devils and Christians simultaneously occupy the same space.

7 Likes

demon-goat

18 Likes

Oh, if only.

16 Likes

The Goat of Mendes… the Devil himself!”

9 Likes

Manos: The Hands of Fate film’s failed attempt at depicting satyr character, Torgo. The homemade goat legs (concealed by pants!) were a flop. Made me wonder about the state of the goat the film’s producer had to draw on.

7 Likes

20 Likes

yeah, as much as i’m on the side of the teacher here, if the kid actually told him to stop – not just once, but multiple times – then the teacher should’ve stopped.

24 Likes

Is that photo from Pintrest?

8 Likes

Me, a Preacher’s Kid…

stripes lighten GIF

19 Likes

Not sure where I snagged it from originally; I keep an archive of cool images going, as I often find them randomly.

8 Likes