Teacher forced 8-year-old to clear clogged toilet with bare hands

Here is thread that should be to your liking.

3 Likes

It is an unceasing source of amusement to me just what a hot-button topic for debate toilet roll is to the internet. Remember the Great Forwards Or Backwards Off The Dispenser Wars? Good times. :smiley:

And that was before the internet, as memory serves!

Pretty sure it continues apace. There have even been border skirmishes here, as I recall.

2 Likes

2 Likes

This might seem to be splitting hairs to some, but from what I read, the teacher only told the student to do it. Which I think is completely different from forcing a person to do anything. Is it really unethical to tell somebody to do something stupid? Or does it become so only if they comply?

This isnā€™t a fellow student issuing a command. Itā€™s the teacher. You know, the authority figure who has the power to force behavior under the threat of punishment.

1 Like

If you believe in that sort of thing. My kid at eight would have told him to get stuffed. The teachers are our employees.

1 Like

Thatā€™s nice for you and yours. Itā€™s unrealistic to expect most 8-year-olds to have both the personal nerve and parental backup to tell their teacher to get stuffed.

4 Likes

Obligatory Monty Python reference:

2 Likes

Until you take into account the imbalance of power. Children are generally encouraged to take any authorityā€™s instruction as the force of law of some kind. (Not so much by me, mind you.)

Edit to say: and thereā€™s always the physical dominance.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.