Techy TikTokers are sabotaging Texas's abortion whistleblower website

I’ve submitted some quick “plausible” reports with similar information in each just to slow down any manual checkers. I’ve also sent a few where I filled the text fields to their limit with either random ascii or Unicode characters, because why not. To my surprise, the system accepted the Unicode input without blinking, so I also dropped in a short SQL injection for the fun of it. Yes, it would be more effective to automate it, but I have to admit I’ve been having fun with this anyway.

23 Likes

Did you get it to return anything? Might be interesting

10 Likes

That Bobby Tables is quite the abortion facilitator…

22 Likes

Neither am I, but I am also not a fan of the Court of Appeals blatantly ignoring Supreme Court precedent and refusing to block a blatantly unconstitutional law*. So I don’t feel too bad.

*SCOTUS although feckless AF was still acting within its power. The lower courts were not.

7 Likes

But can we build a script that lifts comments from anti-abortion forums and submits it to the hotline? It might very well result in even more time being wasted.

Or maybe a long, rambling intro that doesn’t get to the point? “I’ve been a good christian all my life, following the word of the gourd, and believe blah blah, blah…” Lot of websites out there with this kind of text to rack up ad-views, and could be spammed to the hotline.

6 Likes

14 Likes

Only a “We’ll get right on that” message, no different from a plain text input. Honestly the site seems kind of shoddy, otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered at all.

14 Likes

I see a job for GPT 3. Or in this case a Markov chain might suffice…

18 Likes

Since this site appears to not be an official Texas government site, but rather an anti-choice activist group which is compiling tips (to profit from the bounties?), I wonder if there’s a more direct way to target the actual official bureaucracy itself?

11 Likes

So can one sue the man the got the woman pregnant as he is definitely part of the cause.

Also a real shame the site is getting flooded…

willy-wonka-stop-dont-come-back

Anybody got this as a more reasonable python script?

14 Likes

GoDaddy is not cool with doxxing

GoDaddy didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment about whether that applies to the group’s other domains, or which terms of service the site violated — but it’s probably the part where the company doesn’t let anyone “collect or harvest” any personal information “about another User or any other person or entity without their express prior written consent.”

31 Likes

The first viable threats of litigation must have arrived.

20 Likes

AIUI, that’s the “beauty” of this system. There is no official bureaucracy. It’s all outsourced to self-appointed enforcers of morality. One reason, so I hear, that the USSC opted to not intervene.

18 Likes

So, no github gist for us curlers and wgetters?

4 Likes

That figleaf is doing an awful lot of work. The law itself is the action of the state that violates privacy. Making individuals and the courts a cutout for state action isn’t fooling anyone.

16 Likes

Corporate Form 990s:

https://www.erieri.com/Form990Finder/Details/Index?EIN=760116723

https://www.erieri.com/Form990Finder/Details/Index?EIN=237373806

Outside spending:

4 Likes

The gourd? Heretic. It’s the shoe. You must gather shoes together in abundance.

10 Likes

Yay!

19 Likes

A statute enacted by gutless chickenshits to encourage snitching on neighbours, in the cause of bootlicking fascism. How much more Texas could one get?

10 Likes
12 Likes