Ted Cruz declines debate, so Beto O’Rourke gets an hour on national TV to himself

Ted Cruz looks like he didn’t understand that declining to attend an upcoming town hall debate with challenger Beto O’Rourke wouldn’t mean CNN will cancel the event. So now Beto gets the whole hour to himself to say whatever he wants uncontested.

The debate solo town hall will air 9 p.m. central time Oct. 18, 2018 on CNN.

8 Likes

Real Grandpa Munster was so much better than Fake Grandpa Munster

5 Likes

Cruz is just determined to sabotage his own campaign and it’s wonderful. I don’t expect him to lose (it’s still Texass) but how great would it be if he did? Hubris is a hell of a drug.

6 Likes

Totally off topic, sorta, but the way you wrote Texas, is it the way Skurge pronounces it in the clip linked below?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYm63Y5tnYo

Because it makes me giggle pretty hard every time I hear it. (For some reason it will not link properly or onebox.)

1 Like

Isn’t the irony that Cruz was a college debater? Also, if Beto O’Rourke doesn’t beat the hammered Christ out of Cruz, Texas will once again get what it deserves and deserves what it gets.

If it so happens that the Republicans lose the majority in the Senate, and it comes down to Alabama and Texas, a lot of people are going to OD on Schadenfreude Pie.

1 Like

Can I get a nice big slice? Vanilla ice cream too, please!

Looks like there were more people there than at some inauguration event I recall from a couple years back.

3 Likes

Hah, I forgot about that scene. But, saldy, no, I wasn’t pronouncing it in my head with any sort of European flair, it’s more “Tex”+“Ass”.

Many of Mrs Ficus’ inlaws are in Texas so I’ve spent quite a bit of time there.

1 Like

I had the distinct displeasure of living there for 2 years when I was a kid.

(Surprised to find that there are a few White Castles in Canada. Probably not worth the trip to find one.)

Eta: Correction: Whitecastle Investments Limited. Still not worth the trip.

Old but … Ted:

Missed this thread earlier.

I thought it was pretty strategic of Cruz. Beto is super charismatic, and Cruz is not.

Better to let his opponent have the floor instead of looking bad while talking over him. And anyways, Cruz has a big lead in any case. No use risking it.

3 Likes
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.