Ted Danson learning to floss

I love this show.

27 Likes

Binge-watched the whole series in a week of evenings. Hate TV, but don’t regret a second of it.

10 Likes

Maybe I just haven’t been paying attention, but it seems that for most of my life Ted Danson was just that guy who was in Cheers when I was a kid, and suddenly he’s doing all this stuff ranging from laconic decency with a spine of steel in Fargo to goofy flawed demiurge in The Good Place.

7 Likes

He’s made very funny guest appearances on “Curb Your Enthusiasm” and was also good on “Bored to Death”:

7 Likes

According to my Fourth Step and Higher Power, yup.

“I have no idea what’s going on right now but everyone else is talking and I think I should, too.” -Jason Mendoza, Team Cockroach

(Corrected slight misquote…felt like misquoting I dunno Douglass Adams. Yes, that good.)

8 Likes

And yet Becker was an absolute turd of a show.
Loved him in both shows you mentioned since Cheers , and re-runs of that are still worth a visit now and again.

2 Likes

There is a dance craze that’s sweeping the nation? The last one I recall was the Macarena.

2 Likes

For some reason I got confused and was thinking that it was Tony Danza and came here for all the “Who’s the Floss” jokes.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Major understatement; The Good Place is a freakin’ unicorn when it comes to tv comedies nowadays.

ETA: I had not seen the most recent ep yet, and I just lost my shit when I started watching it, only to realize they have Micheal McKean playing ‘Doug Forcett.’

This show is fucking awesome.

That is all.

11 Likes

If we’re talking about Ted Danson appearances I can’t leave out my favorite…

Little Danson Man

2 Likes

Danson
Dan-son
Dan-son!
He’s a Danson Machine…

2 Likes

Season 3 so far has had a depressing lack of Derek. Other than that, best thing on tv, period.

3 Likes

Curb and Bored to Death greatly enhanced my view of Danson. I never bought the good-guy pablum he was trying to sell on Cheers (or the not-really-bad-guy pablum on Becker, for that matter).

But, now, it seems he can do no wrong. Very sad when BTD wasn’t renewed.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Bortles!  

2 Likes

Personally, I want more Bad Janet.

4 Likes

The show is awesome; you should watch it.

Of course, my first thought was, “Jeez, at his age, if he doesn’t know how to floss there’s no way he still has teeth.” Then I learned that “the floss” is a dance. Or is it just “flossing”?

1 Like

DUVvvaaaaaL!!!

1 Like

Special Jacksonville Style?! Bortles!

2 Likes