Teddy Ruxpin won't leave my tortured brain alone

You know I remember the theme, and the characters, but I can’t remember the shows, per se…

Oddly, this is a DISNEY entity that they haven’t rebooted. Weird.

Mmmhmmm, sure, that’s the reason…

God I love that intro :slight_smile: I have been known to break into this song at semi-random moments.

1 Like

The lyrics are remnicent of recent Cartoon Network show themes. Ha. Adventure time’s vague “come along with me”…etc

And then kill that with yet another bear based song.

1 Like

What’s interesting is that Teddy Ruxpin was originally envisioned as a live-action show with articulated puppet suits, and a movie was made – but when budget concerns came up it was redone in animation. Fun to compare the two:

Gummi BEARS!!! Bouncing here and there and EVERYYYWHERE!!! High adventure that’s beyooooond compare! They are the Gummi BEARSSSSSSSS!!!

(seriously, it’s because nobody remembers it, not because I may randomly break out in this song in public or anything…)

2 Likes

I quickly grew tired of the Dragon Tales theme song (earworm part starts at 20 sec.). My in-laws’ kids used to watch it every afternoon, without fail:

[Very juvenile “toilet humor” follows]

Years later, to express my annoyance with having to ever visit the Dollar Tree retail chain for any reason, I made up my own words for this melody. If/when I have to go to Dollar Tree, then whoever made the demand/request gets an earful of this:
♬ Dollar Tree, Dollar Tree ♬
♬ Drink my pee at Dollar Tree ♬
♬ If you want to drink my pee ♬
♬ You will find me at Dollar Tree ♬

(Doesn’t matter, I still have to go to Dollar Tree anyway)

Once I overheard another customer call it “Dollar Trap” and I adjusted the lyrics thusly:
♬ Dollar Trap, Dollar Trap ♬
♬ Worthless crap at Dollar Trap ♬

I may have bootleg DVDs of the whole series (which started off cute and became pretty amazing).

2 Likes

My nieces were into Dragon Tales. I don’t think I heard the song often enough for it to sink in.

I remember looking over one of the dolls; a two headed dragon; brother and sister according to my sister. I remember trying very hard not to tell my her “dang, they’re going to have a very weird puberty.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.