Teen didn't want to wake up and go to school, shoots family

Damn, beat me to it. I have that album in vinyl somewhere.

1 Like

The poor kid was probably vaccinated against his will and forced to drink flouridated water!

16 Likes

Exactly. Go to a friends house, smoke dope all day and listen to music, kids!

4 Likes

I sat in my brotherā€™s car in the high school parking lot and ran down the battery listening to [insert bandā€™s album that ages me] on the stereo.

6 Likes

That is awesome, and leaves no one with gun shot wounds. Itā€™s win - win.

2 Likes

ā€¦ Yeah, sounds good :smiley:

(Or mow the lawn and learn how to make things from wood. I miss saw dust in my facial hair)

4 Likes

Awesome and productive!

2 Likes

Iā€™m not making light of this obviously troubled personā€¦ I make jokes about how hobbies keep me out of trouble, and for me I think they actually keep me out of trouble :slightly_smiling:

Well, sorta out of trouble.

ā€¦

Okay, lawyers arenā€™t involved.

ā€¦

Okay, yes they are involved, but no felonies.

ā€¦

Right, no felonies one can prove.

ā€¦

Damnit, it was a victimless crime!! :smiley:

11 Likes

Right, I mean obviously this is serious. But I think in this case a little satire highlights how a troubled teen might find different avenues for their frustration, and how having ready access to guns makes tragic outcomes more likely.

Iā€™m sure someone will be here to argue that assertion pretty soon though.

4 Likes

Wouldnā€™t that require waking up?

ā€¦which is not always a good ideaā€¦ had to do it and hated itā€¦

Not a fan of guns, ainā€™t gonna make this a gun thread, and I would be ecstatic to mentor kids having a rough time. I had a mentor, and he made me the kick ass person I am today.

14 Likes

I remember one time I gave it five minutes, slammed the front door and crept back to bed. That worked about as well as youā€™d expect it to.

8 Likes

I hope the school in juvenile detention starts at 6:00 AM.

3 Likes

I have sympathy for teens suffering from lack of sleep.

2 Likes

He was 16 and you have to be 21 to buy a hand gun.

So the kid illegally had a handgun he either stole or got through other illicit means.

Sure. He illegally had a gun, breaking at least one gun control law already. I say we prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law, though I feel that it will pale in comparison to the attempted murder charges.

1 Like

Wildly inappropriate but I just canā€™t resistā€¦

8 Likes

Incredible how much less disastrous anger issues are when itā€™s less easy to get guns.

17 Likes

In most countries itā€™s usually quite difficult for a 16-year-old to get access to a handgun, legally or otherwise.

18 Likes

Most other countries have a firearm:human ratio <1.

12 Likes

Itā€™s possible that they only claimed not to know about the gun he had.

1 Like