Teenager claims that her mom is Bigfoot

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/27/teenager-claims-that-her-mom-i.html

11 Likes

That banjo in the background is the perfect accompaniment to a Bigfoot chase scene

5 Likes

gotta make your own fun in these crazy times.

9 Likes

“She’s a Bigfoot, isn’t she Gus.”

5 Likes

More accurately:

Teenager claims that her mom isn’t Bigfoot

3 Likes

Nope, can’t be bigfoot, not blurry enough.

3 Likes

Now, residents on the town’s Facebook page are reporting their sightings of Whitby and her mom!

Wait, so when the inhabitants of town see her and her mother around town, they report seeing them - as bigfoots, or just as a sighting of them? Either way, that’s adorable.

5 Likes

Goony goo-goo!
:rofl:

2 Likes

Bigfoot/Sasquatch: No good evidence ever, almost certainly not real IMHO

Loch Ness Monster: No good evidence ever, almost certainly not real IMHO

But wait for it…

UFOs: Lots of evidence, some of it very good and released by official sources, who seem to think it’s a big deal and very unlikely of human origin. Almost certainly real IMHO

1 Like

Why the fuck would any aliens want to expend resources to visit our diddly corner of the galaxy? Bevis and Butthead from Tau Ceti, maybe?

2 Likes

I personally assume they were probably here well before our species banged its first rocks together to make noise intentionally. Earth is at least 4 billion years old. Our species is on the order of 300K years old. We’re the first bit of fuzz growing on the block of cheese, in cosmic terms.

I also think it’s probably a gross inaccuracy to even think of “them” as “aliens.” They are something – entities? – that appear to have control of a significantly wider domain than we humans (temporal/spatial/physical). Traveling between star systems may be as trivial for them as me checking the mail. Earth is in their footprint, and their footprint may be a lot wider than that – but I’m not sure it necessarily makes them “aliens” and us “residents.” They may have greater claim to being considered Earth natives than we do, by many temporal orders of magnitude, anyway.

Not to mention, there’s almost certainly more than one of these groups here. If there’s one, there’s just as likely many. I don’t think grouping them into one category is likely all that useful, in the scheme of things.

1 Like

Life can’t be so common that aliens would just never come and check us out just for the hell of it, right?

2 Likes

Bigfoots ARE aliens. How do you think they keep disappearing and messing with cameras!

Advanced alien technology.

8 Likes

Wookies. Same diff.

8 Likes

But not Ewoks. They’re the Paklids of hairy beasties.

7 Likes

That’s my take too. If there are other civilizations in the universe, they’re probably orders of magnitude older than us, and also probably marked Earth as a place worth watching sometime in the Paleozoic era, maybe set a self-repairing self-maintaining AI in orbit to monitor us to report back on how life is developing. It would cost them basically nothing (well, nothing on the scale of a Kardashev type II or III civilization) to occasionally send an automated probe back and forth, so why not?

2 Likes

Actually, I think I missed an even more obvious explanation, one backed by multiple well-known and renowned studies:

Gorillas are invisible, so why not bigfoot?

1 Like

No way a real sasquatch would be able to make it to the UK with an American passport these days, but I suppose Bigfoot may have dual US/Canadian citizenship.

1 Like

Cow tipping and molesting lonely drunks apparently.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.