Teenagers getting high from sanitary pads

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/12/teenagers-getting-high-from-sa.html

1 Like

I’d rather sniff glue :frowning:

5 Likes

Extraordinarily bad idea.

9 Likes

good thing Stan Lee doesn’t have to see this…

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think the world could stand a comic book PSA where Spidey interrupts a bunch of kids boiling up pot of Always Super Overnight Maxi Pads with Wings (Stuck Pig Strength) and telling them about his cousin Elmo, who met a sticky end after an all-night Kotex bender.

8 Likes

Just Mother Nature thinning the herd.

2 Likes

Go ahead. Darwin awards for everyone.

5 Likes

Someone give those kids some pot - immediately.

24 Likes

Don’t believe (or for the love of god, reblog) everything you read.

I don’t see anything about chlorine in the source article: https://www.jawapos.com/jpg-today/06/11/2018/lagi-tren-remaja-jateng-nge-fly-dengan-air-rebusan-pembalut

3 Likes

“I don’t know who started it all, but I knew it started around two years ago. There is no law against it so far. There is no law against these kids using a mixture of mosquito repellent and [cold syrup] to get drunk,”

Except for the laws of natural selection, I suppose.

2 Likes

That seems like a lot of effort. Surely if you’re looking for used sanitary pads, they should be right next to the vodka soaked tampons that other teenagers were using to get drunk anyway. Just check around outside where they have the rainbow parties, near the discarded gel bracelets.

5 Likes

How does it even start?
It’s hardly the sort of serendipitious discovery one might stumble over.
Is it?

1 Like

Seriously. This is what happens when you outlaw naturally grown safe recreational drugs.

4 Likes

At a guess, someone tried chlorinated MDMA, couldn’t afford more X, and decided to try huffing chlorine from other sources. Cheap street drugs from sketchy dealers are often cut with household cleaners.

1 Like

OK. Despite not understanding all you wrote, I guess it means someone was actively reading ingredients’ lists looking for cheap sources of chlorine.

1 Like

Ah, sorry. MDMA is the technical name for Ecstasy. Cutting it with chlorine is one way to achieve more of a high with less of the expensive to make ingredients, albeit at horrific cost to the soft tissue of the GI track. Addicts living in extreme poverty might have gotten wind of this and decided to seek other sources listing chlorine.

2 Likes

This story is not actually true, is it? It’s another “tide pods” or “rainbow party.” It’s just one more reason those kids better get off my lawn.

6 Likes

Between this and Tide Pods, I feel significantly less idiotic about the banana peel thing back in the day.

7 Likes

This story sounds either super fake or a bunch of teens there are trolling the old people by spinning a tall tale

1 Like

I’m going to guess that whatever it does to you is preferable to living in Jakarta sober.

1 Like