Tennesee mayor and bank president arrested for shoplifting at Target

Some people get a rush from stealing. I knew a girl in high school who was always stealing things from stores; stuff she didn’t need. This guy’s history of shoplifting probably goes way back. This is likely just the first time the public has been made aware of him being caught.

2 Likes

I wonder if he’ll use the Winona Ryder defense of being hopped up on a quack doctor’s mix of uppers and downers?

Oh Winona, I still love you.

1 Like

Now “auction disturbance” is a far classier crime!

To this guy its not stealing, its what he is owed.

The great thing about Cianci is that people knew he was grimey before he was elected, he still got elected, got charged and convicted on felony counts, and then got elected again, and AGAIN charged and convicted on felony counts. Still one of the longest-serving mayors in our nation’s history.

5 Likes

Was store-bought toilet paper too sturdy for him? Was he taking the last rolls?

2 Likes

So many possibilities! Klepto? Pathologically stingy?

1 Like

Yet another Republican stealing things. The election is next on their list.

3 Likes

Wait, she stole 5G? She was WAY ahead of her time!

3 Likes

These products are overpriced, the store treated my neighbor’s friend badly once, and and the workers are on government assistance which is paid by my taxes, and “my” bank sponsored a charity drive they ran. So it wasn’t really stealing, was it? They should be flattered I came to their store at all.

3 Likes

Wow, not to shame someone for their hair, but is that really his hair?

Or did someone make him a felted beanie out of cat hair?

Inquiring minds want to know!

1 Like

It’s like Tim Eyman, the big anti-tax activist in Washington State, getting caught stealing a chair from Office Depot. Since he was white, he got off paying for the chair and a few hundred dollar fine. If he had been black, odds are it would have been a hard time multi-year felony. Entitlement indeed.

4 Likes

Maybe he stole the IT Dept’s password?

I left WA in 2008 but Tim Eyman is still, in my eyes and mind, the paragon of assholery.

2 Likes

I realize I’m jumping to conclusions here, but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to learn that this guy is a huge Trump supporter.

Buddy’s story is something else. Check out season 1 of CrimeTown. It still appears to be free to listen. As for the Tennessee mayor who is also a bank president I can’t even begin to figure out his problem. Maybe he really is a kleptomaniac?

Bill Black wrote The Best Way to Rob a Bank is to Own One: How Corporate Executives and Politicians Looted the S&L Industry. Tennessee mayor should have read it.

Narrator: It is not hair.

Or at least not his hair.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.