Tennesse GOP senator praises Hitler for overcoming homelessness

Originally published at: Tennesse GOP senator praises Hitler for overcoming homelessness | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Other ridiculousness aside, if being unhoused is something you decided to do rather than a lifestyle that was thrust upon you then you may not be a representative sample of the homeless population.

44 Likes

Except that many conservatives fundamentally believe that the homeless are doing this because they are lazy. So, it’s a choice.

31 Likes

Up next, how slavery was good for Black people.

For my encore, I’ll be sharing the fact that women really want to quit their jobs, stay at home and be baby factories.

28 Likes

If Hitler were alive today, he would make your commute run much smoother. With lower gas prices.

Seriously, when I saw the headline I assumed it was Blackburn. Much less surprised to see it was a state senator. OK, not all that much surprised.

9 Likes

Even his fig leaf doesn’t really work. You can say a lot about Hitler’s later life, but unproductive it wasn’t.

20 Likes

Got yer self a real Hitler Fanboy there, you do.

22 Likes
7 Likes

Of ALL the other people who were homeless at one point and went on to do something… he picks this guy…

24 Likes

It’s probably the only one of those people whose autobiography he’s read

36 Likes

Yeah I was thinking “the Bible that those people pretend to care so much about is full of stories about folks who were homeless at one time or another and he decides to go with Hitler?

25 Likes

Say what you want about Hitler, at least he killed Hitler

29 Likes

How about “counterproductive?”
Unless your metric was boosting German military supply contracts.
But seriously, how dismal is this? I’d think this is the most basic rule in public life: “When making inspirational stories, try something other than Hitler.”
If his opponents don’t consistently hammer hard on this as evidence of his pro-Hitler leanings, they’re guilty of political malpractice.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Well, a lot of the other famous ones went on to preach compassion, advocate for social justice, or push for change to address homelessness and its causes. In the GOP book, that makes them worse than Hitler.

24 Likes

Here’s a case where a good dose of shame would really come in handy.

6 Likes

so what i’m hearing is that Hitler (in addition to all his OTHER things) was also lazy, or something.

7 Likes

I mean, Jonah was so unappreciative.

8 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 20.23.56

That’ll be why he was so keen on making most of the people of the East End of London (just to mention one place) homeless by destroying their houses by bombing. He was encouraging them to make more of themselves. Many of them did and he may have later regretted it.

(Do I need a /s?)

6 Likes

Imagine being this dumb and not knowing how dumb you were.
Imagine thinking Hitler, in later years, led a “productive” life.

7 Likes