Tennessee GOP's bigoted expulsion of 2 Black lawmakers backfires (video)

I know… goes without saying. None the less, they need to be regularly asked to explain that shit. They need to be made to say it outloud for everyone to hear their racist BS.

9 Likes

I wish it was easier to publicly drag these fools and force a reckoning and explanation of how it is that what they think they are fighting for is actually good for anyone.
Of course it wouldn’t take long for them to justify themselves by saying it has to be this way to preserve jobs or some nebulous sense of liberty.

4 Likes

I wish their racist BS had gotten more attention when they were saying it loudly and proudly over two years ago.

9 Likes

Oh then you keep on pushing. Make them get specific about what, exactly, they are trying to preserve… what does the “perfect” America look like to them…

10 Likes

Bloody cowards, the lot of 'em.

9 Likes
7 Likes

ETA: oops! I owe @SpunkyTWS a coke!

6 Likes

The Little Mermaid Reaction GIF

You love to see it!

8 Likes

Hmm…

6 Likes

I mean, if you’re handing out Cokes.

:wink:

4 Likes

I think there are 9 more words that you are missing.

7 Likes

Crikey I go work 13 hours a few days in a row at my pool job, living off of cold brew coffee in mason jars, random leftovers, plain kefir and bananas… and this stuff is just blowing right past me!

Thanks for this opportunity for me to get caught up!

Ok y’all…
@Mindysan33
@oncebce
… I reckon our carhops Cody and Colton will be along directly:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’d gladly offer to get you something but it looks like you’re pretty well taken care of. :smirk:

5 Likes

Michael Harriot’s analysis of that leaked audio is …

Kevin Abstract GIF by BROCKHAMPTON

12 Likes

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

Funny at first read, deeply tragic on contemplation. Like a lot of his essays. Gotta love him!

6 Likes

:100:
:dart:

I couldn’t help but see a lot of Texas in there, in Harriot’s whole piece, but especially:

And the white people are not blameless. Statistically, no one supports Republicans but white people. Four out of every five Republican voters are white, while the vast majority of every other racial and ethnic demographic in America supports the Democrats. Although it is comforting to believe that rural, southern and non-college-educated whites have been bamboozled into “voting against their own interest,” they haven’t. People who support gun control, health care and a woman’s right to choose will continue to vote for Republicans because they not voting for individual lawmakers …

They are voting for a system.

I cringe every. single. time. I find myself in a conversation with self-identified Republicans (not all of whom were self-identifying as white, I must add) where I hear them say "I am not a racist but… "

I need to print Harriot’s words in 300 point type on a 2’x3’ posterboard, laminate it, and just bring it with me wherever I go. “It’s a system, peeps. A system based on bs. And y’all are buying into the bs every time you vote that bs in.”

Uh, I may have to work on my wording there.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.