Voters return the Tennessee dems who were kicked out of office for being Black

Originally published at: Voters return the Tennessee dems who were kicked out of office for being Black | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Who wants to bet the racist moron will just expel them again?

5 Likes

“Hello, WRVU request line? I’d like to dedicate a song to Speaker Cameron Sexton.”

15 Likes

The voters have spoken. I sincerely double the Republicans will listen, but we can be sure Pearson and Jones will be there to keep them honest.

They’ll have to. The only lesson that Republicans have taken from the entire incident is that they have to double down on undermining fair and free elections.

19 Likes

Why would you kick a couple of peaceful tourists out of the legislature? I don’t get it. :neutral_face:

19 Likes

“The FIND OUT era of politics has just begun”
:microphone: . . . .:clap:
:small_red_triangle_down:

9 Likes

Good news, the Tennessee Constitution forbids the expulsion of lawmakers twice for the same offense:

Section 12. Each House may determine the rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds, expel a member, but not a second time for the same offense; and shall have all other powers necessary for a branch of the Legislature of a free state.

Not that I don’t think they’ll try, or make up a second bullhockey excuse to expel them, but at least on paper the expelled Dems should be safe-ish.

20 Likes

“He’s not wearing an AR-15 pin! EXPULSION!”

8 Likes

Comparing them to Jan 6th?
Something tells me these same people would also, in another context, compare it to a sight-seeing tour.

5 Likes

“Objection, your honor! Assuming facts not in evidence!”

5 Likes

They didn’t need to put scare quotes around “insurrection”, did they? That’s what it was.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.