Toxic Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene calls elected officials "r*tards"

Originally published at: Toxic Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene calls elected officials "r*tards" | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Wow… I am really tired of hearing about this awful woman, already.

Let’s cut to the case;

Can she be fired? Or sanctioned?
Or is she going to be charged with any crimes?

Is there something that can be done to negate the negativity she exudes?

Because if not, then I really have no interest in hearing endless tales about what an atrocious excuse for a human being she is.

That much is already evident to anyone with eyes and conscience.

48 Likes

Yes, this:

Which is legal under Article I, Section 5:

Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members

As a strict constructionist, Congresswoman Greene should be a big fan of this.

And has been done in the past:

20 Likes

In the run up to 2016, media outlets breathlessly covered Trump even when he said little of substance besides carefully calibrated alarmism. Trump carefully aimed at provocations sure to activate critical voices while hijacking these notionally adversarial platforms to extend the reach of a message his base enjoys.

What might we learn from this experience that we can apply to editorial choices today, regarding Congresswoman Greene?

33 Likes

Word; stop giving her hateful rhetoric oxygen…

24 Likes

I could really live without this auto-playing.

8 Likes

I’m entirely in support of this if you mean it absolutely literally…

6 Likes

But no (with all due respect to @Les_Pane’s research). I mean, if Congress wasn’t willing to do anything about trump in two separate impeachments because they feared how it may be “weaponized” against future presidents, they’re sure as hell not going to risk applying precedent to one of their own. Unless Elizabeth Warren talks too much or something.

Never forget!!!

7 Likes

Smart folks know they ain’t geniuses; dumb folks are certain they are.

7 Likes

The GOP just appointed her to the House Education Committee. What the actual fuck.

13 Likes

I um…made some changes. Regretfully, I think this has already occured. Maybe she almost suffocated in a dry cleaner bag as a child? Her little grey cells seem a bit sluggish, to paraphrase Poirot.

5 Likes

Well, I correctly answered the question of “can they.” You correctly answered the question of “will they.”

7 Likes

They’re trolling, clearly.

5 Likes

Am I the only one who equates a Blue Lives Matter flag with a swastika banner? Same for the Gadsden flag, the confederate traitor flag, etc.

5 Likes

That thing she’s wearing on her head seems to be standard military fetishism, not a Blue Lives Matter flag. Not that she wouldn’t wear one of those or that your analogy is without merit.

3 Likes

nazi

13 Likes

What, indeed, the actual fuck. US Politicians seem to exist to troll the US polulation.

4 Likes

Not hers, of course. Others’. Because that’s how it works.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.